Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What speakers should i buy?

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
Unfortunately, a sub won't fill in the lacking midbass. A sub should be limited to sub 100Hz, the problem with these speakers seems to be above 100Hz. They're not worth spending the money on them. I'd have to say the Pioneer yellow cone coaxials (TS-D161S) sound better.

yer i see where ur goin with this well i got 2 sets 2 compare so i'll find out wat ur talkin bout soon then. :thumbsup:

mattgreen

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S Pack
hah mtx are in the back gota get new front speakerssojunds way outa balance, the rear sound 20 x better haha and the front souds sht and dull, working on getting the rears mped till i can afford splis for the front

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mattgreen i got my MTX Splits n the fronts now atm i dont really like them 2 much seem as tho the tweeters a over powering the mids 2 much i think i gotta play with some settings on the HU more tho got some advice 2 try out phase the tweeters n see how they go then.

mattgreen

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S Pack
hey mate, amps in fully wired profesh, cot me 40 bucks from my dads mate haha wehos been an auto electritian for a while , as for the 40 dollars it was actualy a 38$ carto of beer haha.sounds absolutely awsum for what it is. post some pics at a lata date =]

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
had more of a play with the settings managed 2 get the tweeters down using the equilisers so didnt have 2 put them outer phase, they rnt 2 bad now hey

mattgreen

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S Pack
oh true howmuch were they and where did u pout them?

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
they were $149 at straithfeilds sale made some custom pods 4 the fronts and mounted the tweeters inside the old dash speaker spot.

M

magnumv8

I'v a similar car to yours and am currently running 6.5" splits front (Rogers-yeah cheap & lacking midrange but plenty of punch) and JVC 6 x 9 rears...No subs as I like being able to use my boot....

A couple of guys have mentioned the Jaycar splits, have a look at em online they really are great value for money and put many speakers worth much more to shame!

Amp side of things is something to be careful of....Car amps are generally over rated even the quoted RMS is way higher than what can possibly be achieved.....Years ago I had a alpine 4ch rated @ 125wrms per channel, after working in the hi fi industry for a few years and hearing some 25 & 50wrms 2ch amps which weighed as much as your spare tyre and had sound levels that were concert like I realised the quoted figures for most car amps were more than unrealistic, my 125wrms was more like 20 real wrms.

Be aware also that when listening to amps and speakers in a showroom the power supplied is clean and consistent nothing like what you will get from it once its in your car....Best bet to sort your system out is to listen to and speak to guys who have systems in their cars. Plenty of crap out there you just need to sort the good from the bad!