Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What speakers should i buy?

Swordsy

mmmm beer....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VUII Maloo R8 - HX Tonner - XJR1200 - XR450R
swordsy howmuch were they?

at the moment at JB-HI fi they are $88 for a pair!! pioneer pro's. BARGIN!!! and they fit into the std mounts!!

mattgreen

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S Pack
wow nice swordsy thats cheaper then fusion splits LOL im looking at mtx splits now i like the sound that the speakers produce

Swordsy

mmmm beer....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VUII Maloo R8 - HX Tonner - XJR1200 - XR450R
TS-A1682S. these are the ones i'm running (two i've had for 4 years, 2 for about 1 year, so the older models, but the same, just look different :p)

They are clear throughout the range and can go very loud.

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
They just don't sound very good compared to other brands in the same price range... Very treble heavy and average midbass. Even with sealed and deadened doors they didn't sound very good.

But it depends on your taste... Some people might like a lot of midrange and treble and use 6x9's or something to make up for the crappy midbass output. You can compensate for their downfalls but you might as well buy better sounding speakers in the first place :)

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
I just got a pair of MTX Splits THS602 260W/65rms $149 at straithfield marked from $205 4 the price they seemed pretty good. Makin up some door pods atm so will tell u how they sound in car in the next few days.

I also have those Pioneers stoneX is talkin bout in the VT they dont sound that bad but u can get them 4 like $180 now neways so if ur goin sub dw bout that 2 much in my opinion.

mattgreen

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S Pack
I just got a pair of MTX Splits THS602 260W/65rms $149 at straithfield marked from $205 4 the price they seemed pretty good. Makin up some door pods atm so will tell u how they sound in car in the next few days.

I also have those Pioneers stoneX is talkin bout in the VT they dont sound that bad but u can get them 4 like $180 now neways so if ur goin sub dw bout that 2 much in my opinion.

hey mate tell me how the mtx go cause tehre the ones im looking at!! your gunna amp them?> and qwith howmuch rms?

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
Ive got a 4ch fusion powerplant amp PP-AM8004 in mind 85rms per ch also picked up some kenwood 6x9s 2 fill in the hole the previous owner cut into the parcel shelf :bang: KFC-M6935A 3 ways 350/60wrms $79 (straithfeild sale again :p) so the amp should power them well.

Last edited:

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
Unfortunately, a sub won't fill in the lacking midbass. A sub should be limited to sub 100Hz, the problem with these speakers seems to be above 100Hz. They're not worth spending the money on them. I'd have to say the Pioneer yellow cone coaxials (TS-D161S) sound better.