Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What to do with the gov handout

azkwazere

Ahhh Yes, Ahhh Yes....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5-SPD / 24-SPD Racer Hybrid
perhaps someone can clear this up for me a little bit.

I am full time uni, if i dont get centrelink, cos i work two jobs insted, im not elligable for the bonus for students right?

I was haing a read and it looks like its only to those on centrelink. The only reason i left was because i could support myself better without it and i was sick of there crap, now i dont get a bonus because i work to hard?

Im not sure how this works... I think the bonus should apply to all students in approved courses.

As for the general bonus, this gets paid out at tax time yeah?

aZk.

nicko

Carbon Positive - DO IT!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
75 cruiser ute
what to do with the gov handout - beers.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Bonus will be paid to works from March and April. By form of EFT or Cheque. If you did tax via etax or accountant and used EFT it will be transferred via EFT.

From what I can tell from the wording, the only times payments double up is if you have children for school. So if you study and work, you will get one payment.

hsvpunk

volunteer firefighter
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss II M6
its a wierd thingy. My mate has just become a bricky, so he says he will get 2 payments of this $900 or, one for earning less than the 80k thingy, and another for being an apprentice through the last 12months.

And then some people dont get it at all.. Eg: pensioners and disabled.

azkwazere

Ahhh Yes, Ahhh Yes....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5-SPD / 24-SPD Racer Hybrid
Bonus will be paid to works from March and April. By form of EFT or Cheque. If you did tax via etax or accountant and used EFT it will be transferred via EFT.

From what I can tell from the wording, the only times payments double up is if you have children for school. So if you study and work, you will get one payment.

ahh ok, was just making sure. Thanks m-unit.

Thing with Aus is, the harder you work... the more you get screwed over. We seem to promote lazyness

aZk.

hsvpunk

volunteer firefighter
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss II M6
ahh ok, was just making sure. Thanks m-unit.

Thing with Aus is, the harder you work... the more you get screwed over. We seem to promote lazyness

aZk.

as my mates dad said the other night.
Dont be afraid to take money from centrelink, because they'll rape your for it later on in life.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
I think for you guys who may be entitled to 2 payments wait and see, you may get lucky!!

hsvpunk

volunteer firefighter
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss II M6
im only getting one. It still better than nothing.

Still not sure what to do with i as yet.

BLOWN SS

Mong Racing Team
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS
Your right ^^^ Only if you have children will you get 2 payments, Ive got a baby and get the smallest amount from centrelink (its a joke really) cos my husband works, but i will get the money for my daughter and i intend to spend every last cent on her!!!

Leigh $900 = Spending on His CAR!!!! LMAO!!!!

Kylie