Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What VF parts are you stockpiling for later use?

XACOUPEGUY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF evoke commodore
I think the guy in the above video better see the doctor soon because he is huffing and puffing and he is short of breath. When I had my heart attack and was still recovering after the operation I saw a video (seminar patients invited to watch) about this and this guy is a candidate for a heart attack.
Hey buddy i am the guy who does the YouTube video and despite my huffing and puffing i am actually in good health. When i had the bleed on my brain i was given a cerebral angiography where they stuck a cathode up thru my crutch thru my heart and into my brain and pumped me full of a die while being x-rayed. and during a mind numbing about of tests on all my vital systems my heart and lungs are strong! i also had a full health check within the last 6months and quite literally the only issue is my cholesterol was only 0.1 point out of normal. just thought id clear up the guessing and i still find doing YouTube videos incredibly nerve racking and stressful and when i did the commodore video i had legit just been doing some seriously physical work on it all day. but thanks for the concern but just thought id clear it all up chaps! but back on topic i get all my VF commo parts from Hamiltons and everything has been cheap I've been meaning to go back and buy a few VF ss steering wheels and steering wheel controls

XACOUPEGUY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF evoke commodore
Interesting people are mentioning about prices going up for spares...

I have been following this fellow on youtube for a bit and he is doing a VF repairable write off....He mentions the prices are cheap..

This is where he mentions prices being cheap, but not the actual prices....I will search for the VF he is doing and post it up

Here it is

If people are interested in where he gets his parts from, I'm sure he will answer, or alternatively, I do know a mate of his

hey bud thanks for sharing my videos!! who of my buds do you know?? and the new evoke vf steering wheel was 120buks the panel i bought for the rapair was 70buks brand knew pair of mudflaps 50buks new heat shield 40buks guard linner was 50buks yes im round up or down a smidgen but thats basically the price for that stuff. ill be going back to see if i can get a front gaurd and i know a new front bumper is around 450buks and the new rear insert for the rear bar the section with the sensors was 100buks. the reason i say the stuff is cheap is mainly becuase it is if you want to know expensive new parts go to ford and be sitting down when you hear their prices ahaha

15SUPERSPORT

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Commodore/Chevy SS
Ordered a couple of wear items for the SS. A new steering wheel (manual version) from Rockauto.com for $119.79US, P/N 92284727, and a driver's (US) seat bottom cover from GMPartsWarehouse.com for $383.40US, P/N 92282569. Also ordered a steering wheel button assembly for a 2017 Chevy Trax for the SS... You know how the cruise control toggle on the wheel has a raised button for easy toggling up and down for the cruise control? The button on the other side isn't raised, which can make it difficult to toggle between songs. This assembly fits perfectly and makes it much easier.
Stock:
1614003659891.png

2017 Trax:
buttons.jpg

Stuey81

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline & VE SS Wagon
Hey buddy i am the guy who does the YouTube video and despite my huffing and puffing i am actually in good health. When i had the bleed on my brain i was given a cerebral angiography where they stuck a cathode up thru my crutch thru my heart and into my brain and pumped me full of a die while being x-rayed. and during a mind numbing about of tests on all my vital systems my heart and lungs are strong! i also had a full health check within the last 6months and quite literally the only issue is my cholesterol was only 0.1 point out of normal. just thought id clear up the guessing and i still find doing YouTube videos incredibly nerve racking and stressful and when i did the commodore video i had legit just been doing some seriously physical work on it all day. but thanks for the concern but just thought id clear it all up chaps! but back on topic i get all my VF commo parts from Hamiltons and everything has been cheap I've been meaning to go back and buy a few VF ss steering wheels and steering wheel controls

Just grab one steering wheel mate, i’ll send you a link later (remind me as i’m just about to start work) of a guy who seriously is the best re-trimmer in the country. she has about 3 month waiting list at any given time. about his work speaks for itself. Do you have facebook because he has a page where you can check out all his work. I gotta say, way better than OEM.

So if you grab one wheel, you can send the other off for a re-trim and keep them in rotation. He also does gear knobs too

I Wish

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSv Redline, Nitrate Silver Wagon
9. Also ordered a steering wheel button assembly for a 2017 Chevy Trax for the SS... You know how the cruise control toggle on the wheel has a raised button for easy toggling up and down for the cruise control? The button on the other side isn't raised, which can make it difficult to toggle between songs. This assembly fits perfectly and makes it much easier.
Stock:

2017 Trax:
View attachment 219564

What is the part number for the Trax buttons?

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
cruise control toggle on the wheel has a raised button for easy toggling up and down for the cruise control
So, thats the cruise control button?

I've put one of those vf ssv steering wheels on my vt commodore. I got that button to work as next song or previous song & the very centre, l have programmed as the home button.
If that is the cruise control button, what are the other buttons on the left side of the s/wheel? I don't have them wired into anything yet.

20201207_145306 vt.jpg

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
So, thats the cruise control button?

I've put one of those vf ssv steering wheels on my vt commodore. I got that button to work as next song or previous song & the very centre, l have programmed as the home button.
If that is the cruise control button, what are the other buttons on the left side of the s/wheel? I don't have them wired into anything yet.

View attachment 219577

No, @15SUPERSPORT is showing the head unit source button from the Trax which is different from the standard Commodore source button.