- Feb 23, 2018
- Reaction score
- Members Ride
- VF2 SSV Redline -- VX2 Calais LS1 A4
I haven't seen a stinking pile of **** that big since Jurassic Park came out. FFS you whinging little bitch, nobody cares about you and the millenials.I'm what the media would consider a "milennial"... Whatever the heck that means.
For reference, these are the only new cars I would actually buy at the moment:
Suzuki Jimny - All the 4WD fun you can have without the gas tax that bigger 4WDs have.
Toyota Corolla Hybrid - ICE convenience with Electric efficiency. Also looks pretty freakin' dope.
Tesla Model Y - Like a Model 3 but with more room. (But I need to own a house to own one of these...)
Mazda MX5 - Becaise Miata is always the Answer.
Now, add to the fact these factors.
- Wages in Australia have stagnated for the past 10 years as costs of things keep going up (Thanks Libtards.)
- Negative Gearing has kept at least 50% of milennials out of the housing market (Even with Labor or Greens reforms, it would still keep a large chunk of us out... So, Once again... Thanks Libtards.)
- Fuel prices will go up over the coming years as supply drops. (Oil is a finite resource, after all... And we've only got enough to last us another 200 years at the rate of consumption rates... So we need to conserve as much as we can for other purposes, like the manufacture of plastics)
- Pretty much all of us (with some exceptions ofc) who live where transport is good prefer to stick to walking or public transit. More convenient, easier to get around, less environmentally damaging, and cheaper. That's how I mostly get around. My ute's a fun machine. Why drive when my workplace is a short bus ride away?
- More of us are considering not having kids and instead focusing on their careers (Me included) for various reasons. For one, I don't want to raise kids in this socioeconomic climate. For another, Kids are a financial liability. There's also lots of kids who could do with a better home. If I did have a kid? I'm adopting.
- Those of us who do decide to have kids look for the most car per dollar, with the most efficiency and safety... Which points us squarely at Hybrid and Electric SUVs, or cars with smaller engines. Ford doesn't make a single Hybrid. Honda makes only one. Holden rebadged the Volt but it was too weird to not appeal to wankers, and was released at the wrong time.
- Let's be honest... Cars are a financial liability. We pay a huge chunk of our income for a car to spend most of its life being clutter. Also a car loses between 10-15% of its value the second it leaves the lot.
- Those of us who do like cars are getting a bigger kick out of the used market than the new market. New enthusiast cars have to compete with used cars.
- Why get into modding cars when YouTubers do it for us? Why get into cars when I can play Forza Horizon 4 and not spend a single dollar of my own money to play, and race on the road without getting busted by the cops?
- People who buy utes mostly do so for work, so what good is a RWD coupe utility when it can barely get on site? Also, the company provides utes to use on site, so why do I need a ute?
- Uber exists. Why own a car when you can just borrow someone else's? I personally don't use it but if you stand on St George's Terrace, every second car is either an Uber or DiDi driver.
- No car has really been... Compelling since the release of the Tesla Model S. In fact, the only cars that I see are universally compelling are Teslas. That's why Automakers are playing catchup with EVs.
- Japan's an insular market and one of the only LHD markets left that could survive for the long term, due to the culture of Japanese people. Us, Singapore, the UK and I think a few others are the only LHD markets left. Most of the world drives on the right... And they sell way more cars that are RHD than LHD. I think that Japan's the only market we're going to be able to rely on unless we allow RHD imports of cars post-1985... If that happens? The first car i'm importing is a BK2 Hyundai Genesis Coupe R-Spec. All the sportscar you could ever want, and cheaper than a 370Z.
- Cars aren't... Cool to us. I mean, yeah Lambos are cool... Ferraris are cool... But they're cool to everyone. Most of us don't think a Commodore is cool. We don't see ourselves shaping our lives around a car, and we don't really see why car ownership is essential... Why drive a car when there's no jobs going? Why get a driver's license when I can get to my work without dealing with shitty traffic? I mean, yeah, some jobs require licenses, and to be fair that's the only reason why most of us get licenses these days. Not necessarily own our own cars, but to drive cars at work.