Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

what will replace the VF

Turtle2388

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
I don't care if they have to make it elsewhere so much. So long as there is still a V8 commodore!!!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

phillmac

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Sportswagon 2011
V8 Commodore,he,he. Cheap Korean imports sold at Ausie prices.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
My tip:

A global RWD sedan on either an evolution of the Zeta platform or on the new Omega platform. Technically Zeta was discontinued earlier this year at the end of the VE run. VF is on Zeta II (gm call it something else which escapes me right now) which is really an evolution of the old Zeta platform with around 60% of components either revised or totally new.

I'd be staggered if it goes to sigma (older, heavier and more expensive) or Alpha - (smaller, more expensive and bugger all lighter).

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Front suspension too expensive LOL. At least holden is being transparent, we all know they like to build the front suspension of their cars out of a few coat hangers, a tin can and a slinky spring

vt6banger

Major Procrastinator
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL 355
Sigma was too narrow for commodore . Front suspension was all alloy making it too expensive for a mass produced commodore. Alpha is really just the yanks doing what they always do, seeing something good but thinking they can improve it. Alpha can go smaller than zeta but not as big and its pretty much the same weight. As for what model designation for next commodore, I'm predicting it won't be a 'V' prefix since it won't really be an Aussie commodore.

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
The press and Devereaux said it would be called VJ that was before VF release date.

Kiddo

You're serious bro?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Colt
The press and Devereaux said it would be called VJ that was before VF release date.

So the VJ code was release pre the VF as the post VF model?

Duuuuudddde.....

FirstVL

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS.II Commodore Executive
For Elizabeth to be viable, Holden needs to maximise production volumes. Having followed this for a while, I expect that the Commodore will be replaced in 2018 by a mid-size, FWD sedan (i.e. a replacement for the Malibu). But this won't happen unless government subsidies are sufficient since such a car can be made more cheaply in South Korea than Australia.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
As for what model designation for next commodore, I'm predicting it won't be a 'V' prefix since it won't really be an Aussie commodore.

The "V" prefix has nothing to do with being Australian. It was originally designated to fall in line with the old "V" car platform out of Europe. Assuming there is another Commodore it'll probably be going back to it's roots - Australianising an overseas design :)

vt6banger

Major Procrastinator
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL 355
The "V" prefix has nothing to do with being Australian. It was originally designated to fall in line with the old "V" car platform out of Europe. Assuming there is another Commodore it'll probably be going back to it's roots - Australianising an overseas design :)

Yeah mate I know that, I was meaning its a big step away from the previous model, like AU to BA. So I should really have a new designation