Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

what will replace the VF

Kiddo

You're serious bro?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Colt
Yeah mate I know that, I was meaning its a big step away from the previous model, like AU to BA. So I should really have a new designation

You cant seriously compare the advancement of a vehicle by how many letter across the alphabet its moved...

vt6banger

Major Procrastinator
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL 355
You cant seriously compare the advancement of a vehicle by how many letter across the alphabet its moved...

What? How did you get that from what I posted? Falcon originally started with the X prefix, the switched to the E prefix, A prefix and now B prefix. With each new generation it has changed to show a new generation of falcon. All I was predicting was that a new American based commodore may have a new prefix.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
What? How did you get that from what I posted? Falcon originally started with the X prefix, the switched to the E prefix, A prefix and now B prefix. With each new generation it has changed to show a new generation of falcon. All I was predicting was that a new American based commodore may have a new prefix.

Well that doesn't hold true either. There were plenty of new Falcons in the X series, some of the notable ones that started each generation was XK, XR, XA, XD. Of the Commodores they had VB, VN, VT. VE. In comparrison the changes to a new prefix is very rare with only Ford going to the EA, AU (why they picked that one is beyond me) and now B series.

vt6banger

Major Procrastinator
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL 355
I gave my opinion and explained why I thought that, just because Holden hasnt done it before doesnt mean they may or may not do it in the future

Ian Johnston

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 Subaru Forester, XR6 turbo ute.
Current Falcon is F series(FG), not B.

Kiddo

You're serious bro?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Colt
I gave my opinion and explained why I thought that, just because Holden hasnt done it before doesnt mean they may or may not do it in the future

Its really not that big of an issue. I 100% get where your coming from though.

The falcons are really messed up :S EF-AU-BA-BF-FG

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage

Development is go. Weather it is built in Aus (or at all) is very much up for debate right now. A lot hinges over the next year with regards to the Australian government support for Holden and how well the SS goes in NA, combined with the AU$ and no end of other things in the mix. Without betraying confidences, *IF* there is an Australian built Commodore post 2016 it *WILL* be RWD nomatter what you read in the media.