Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

what will replace the VF

Kinng

CrippleFK
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series 2 SV6
VV would be cool...or even VJ :p

Kinng

phillmac

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Sportswagon 2011
VF. All history after that, just a name like Cruise or Hyundidore

Boneyards

Reaction score
Members Ride
01' VX Acclaim Wagon
I was under the impression that the "cruise" range would become the new "leading" model.

Taranaki

Reaction score
Members Ride
Calais
My tip:

A global RWD sedan on either an evolution of the Zeta platform or on the new Omega platform. Technically Zeta was discontinued earlier this year at the end of the VE run. VF is on Zeta II (gm call it something else which escapes me right now) which is really an evolution of the old Zeta platform with around 60% of components either revised or totally new.

I'd be staggered if it goes to sigma (older, heavier and more expensive) or Alpha - (smaller, more expensive and bugger all lighter).

I dunno. Pontiac was planning a suite of RWD sedans to compete against the Bavarians. Then along came the GFC, and the Fedocrats told GM to slim down if they wanted a bailout. If Pontiac were still around, there would be potential replacements for the Commodore. Now GM seems more interested in the Chev/Buick FWD shitboxes.

wod300

Reaction score
Members Ride
2001 VX Berlina Supercharged 3.8
I thought the Malibu was the replacement?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

corhijasna

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss commodore / WM Caprice V
Well that doesn't hold true either. There were plenty of new Falcons in the X series, some of the notable ones that started each generation was XK, XR, XA, XD. Of the Commodores they had VB, VN, VT. VE. In comparrison the changes to a new prefix is very rare with only Ford going to the EA, AU (why they picked that one is beyond me) and now B series.

the au was used by ford to represent Australia,like the .com.au, it was built and designed for Australia by Australians supposedly

what I read at the time anyways

gm in Detroit will make up their minds in the next 2 weeks if they will continue building cars here after 2016,
at the moment it doesn't look good as they are getting a pay rise next week plus bonuses due to holden not commiting to building a new car after 2016 yet

only time will tell