Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What will you buy?

Discussion in 'VF Holden Commodore (2013 - 2017)' started by VFSV6FORME, Mar 2, 2020.

1. 426Cuda

426Cuda SUBLIME!

Members Ride:
    VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
    Haha. Touche. Actually it's 44fwkw in an auto. :p
    Funny you mention the cup holders. Apart from the CD/DVD, that's the only thing my Redline has that I'd like in my Motorsport.
    But then the LS3 is hardly a luxury item now is it? In fact I'd argue the opposite. It doesn't have the same inherent smoothness of the L77 due to the cam. Not complaining, just saying. I like a bit of old skool rock n roll.
    BTW if you haven't already, you better tune it Deuce. Coz my tuned L77 would surprise a stock LS3. :)

lmoengnr likes this.
  2. 426Cuda

426Cuda SUBLIME!

Members Ride:
    N
    News to me. But then, why would they drop it? It's a cracker of a colour. Not biased at all.:rolleyes:

tml678 likes this.
  3. tml678

tml678 Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    HSV30 Senator (w/end), '00 Magna, '17 Carnival
    Here's a 100% definite MY17 Calais V in regal peacock. (Only MY17 had 'Calais' on the rear doors)

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/de...-vf-series-ii-auto-my17/OAG-AD-18138598/?Cr=5

not a particular fan of the colour myself, but I've never really been fond of dark cars, just a personal thing.
    That link I posted earlier to the press release has some really good info as to what was added to MY17 cars.

426Cuda likes this.
  4. Holden17

Holden17 Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    MY16 SV6 ute/MY17 LMF SS wagon
    Thanks for the further info tml...you’re correct, RP obviously did make it to MY17!
    Remember also that Holden started to wind back colours though along with everything else in 2017. There’s a thread on here somewhere where a number of us joked about whether we would even get fully painted cars (I’ll see if I can find it). I ordered my LMF in the Easter week of 2017 and can’t recall RP still being an option...I had always liked RP very much but by 2017 was set on getting one of the final release colours. Spitfire was out of the question as it was unavailable on SS (and rightly reserved for the Redline I believe). SOAG grey was not considered as our ute is Phantom and I didn’t want to go out with two darker colours.

Amazing that not even 3 yrs after production ended there has been a number of threads on here that show memories of precise detail of various models soon fade (or maybe its just me :oops:)....and we’re the Commodore enthusiasts. Sellers on carsales etc don’t help with incorrect years, features etc but I’m sure some of that is not as deliberate as it may appear.

We can only guess what inaccuracies will appear in the years to come...I can envisage what was the standard SSV trying to be passed off as Redlines etc etc...it really will be buyer beware for anyone of the next generation who wants to buy an authentic example of a precise model.

tml678 and 426Cuda like this.
  5. Holden17

Members Ride:
    Derekthetree and 426Cuda like this.
  6. 426Cuda

426Cuda SUBLIME!

Members Ride:
    I don't believe our memories are that bad to be honest. I think it's more a case of not knowing the facts at the time. As an example, I always thought RP was only available up to 2016.

7. Holden17

Members Ride:
    Did you see my post directly above Cuda for your Oct 2017 input?...

8. 426Cuda

426Cuda SUBLIME!

Members Ride:
    Yeah hey. I just read it, before your last post:confused:. I remember the car too. It was a S2 which i saw at the Holden dream cruise. No idea on what year it was though. As i didn't look under the bonnet. You can blame me for a lazy post. :D

9. wobbles123

wobbles123 Member

Members Ride:
    2008 VE SV6 Ute, 2013 VF SV6 Sedan.
    gree

10. wobbles123

wobbles123 Member

Members Ride:
    2008 VE SV6 Ute, 2013 VF SV6 Sedan.
    I agree....that a disabled person thinks the world owes one everything....like driving a Gofer at a 50 Kmh down the footpath....oh I forget one owns a V8.....or being abused in a disabled parking spot when the sign says weekends do not apply....etc.etc.blah.blah.
    We do not want a 5 page composition on your disability and your domestic problems....when you could say this and that in a few words with your punctuation and spelling and your disability etc.

Unfortunately for your benefit.... I am 81 years of age....no heart attacks or strokes....no known medical problems...do not drink and still smoke...started at 17 years of age on capstain, arduth, camel unfiltered....now smoke rolfmans…..like this 2 letter paragrapth...this all you had to say....it looks like you are looking for sympathy.
    By the way I do not smoke in my cars or home and only hide behind a building in town.....It is like being a Leper.

If one is still driving a V8 under the quotation as above....I will go down to Service NSW and hand my license in...…. in case in 4 million chances to one that we meet.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2020
    KING46Calais V and Ron Burgundy like this.
  11. Anthony121

Anthony121 Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
    The VIN is also a MY17 build. The last 6 digits are in the 300,000 range and also letter "H" is a MY17 build.

12. Anthony121

Members Ride:

13. Holden17

Members Ride:
    Yes, so the carsales pics in tml’s post above don’t match the listed features which list 19” alloys. We have established that RP made it into early MY17 builds but if the rims in the pic are what that car was originally sold with (and of course we can’t tell that from the ad) then the car advertised is MY16 not MY17. The alternative is that someone swapped off the original rims when it was traded.

I’m not sure if this is what you are saying Anthony??...but the MY17 SS came with the 19” rims.

14. Anthony121

Members Ride:
    The vin for this car shows it came with 18inch wheels and was built around the 5th month of 2017. The engine was made on day 30 of 2017.
    The vin states the car came with 18 inch wheels. Also May build 2017 and engine built day 30 of 2017. Maybe this was a special order as I have seen other SSs in 2017 with 19inch wheels.

15. Holden17

Members Ride:
    I don’t know enough about vin then Anthony...I didn’t know you could confirm wheel size from vin??
    Either way the ad is incorrect then as under specs it lists rim size for front and back 19x8.5 and tyres as R19s which is what I believe all MY17 build SSs are but I think we both agree that these are not the Black Ed rims shown in the pics for this car which is all I’m really trying to say..(ie I’m not trying to be argumentative but just pointing out again that the unwary can easily be duped by misleading info on vehicles for sale...which for anyone now trying to buy an authentic example of one of the last Oz built Commodores is important I would think).

16. Derekthetree

Derekthetree Active Member

Members Ride:
    Gen-F R8 SV Manual
  17. Anthony121

Members Ride:
    I actually looked the VIN up to see the specs of the car. Maybe to get the Royal Peacock green it was ordered as the black edition and had to have the 18 inch wheels. Maybe it was a buy back car replacement and the customer demanded that they have the same. The add is clearly wrong stating 19 inch wheels as they are 18 in the pictures.

18. blackve76

blackve76 Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
    VF SS 17 police build spec are black edition 18" rims

19. Forg

Forg Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
    They offered it until the end; it just wasn’t popular.
    And not available for Redline after MY2014.
    Apparently there was one W1 made in Regal Peacock; was an option, just an unpopular one!

I was looking at Forbidden Fruit ‘til the end, ‘twas definitely an available colour on an LSA Tourer in 2017.

20. Holden17

Members Ride:
    Ah, yes!...this sounds very much like what could be going on here. Anyway, many thanks for everyone’s contribution on this!