Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What will you buy?

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1

Holden17

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 SV6 ute/MY17 LMF SS wagon
No on the later model WN Caprice the dash Video does not work and it should not work and you know the reason for this
The My14 CalaisV has the myLink DVD so admittedly I assumed the CapriceV would also (although it probably has the screens in the back of the headrests??).

The myLink DVD only activates when car is stationary so no dangers there...dear Ol Dad spent many an hour sitting in car parks with the DVD and aircon going while Mum did the shopping...got no idea how he didn’t kill the battery o_O:)

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
In NSW if you have a stroke the hospital informs your GP and the law requires them to inform Roads and Maritime Services and your licence is automatically suspended.

My father-in- law had his suspended twice, the first time he had to prove to his GP he could drive again which he did and continued to drive without incident for another 25 years.

When he had his second stoke in his mid seventies his family also put in their sixpence worth on his ability to drive but it didn't matter as he'd decided it wasn't safe for him or other road users and never bother to renew it.

It's the Redline for me as well though I do have a liking for the late model Caprice and much more so if it a 1970's model.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Guys, we’ve all done our drivers license tests, both written and practical, and can any of us really say that the testing level is high. It’s set at a very basic level, very basic. All sorts of both able-bodied and disabled people get their licence as a result, with no ongoing periodic testing (which is the biggest problem).

Heck, I know of able-bodied people that I wouldn’t let push a lawn mower yet they have their drivers license, and some tow :oops: At times it’s frightening simply being on the roads, yet for the most part society manages. For the most part.

But what really scares me is the rise of mobile phone use while driving... taking selfies seconds before a fatal crash is the worst I’ve heard of but it’s not an isolated situation. I’m sure there are lots of other non fatal and near misses cases we simply never hear of.

In any case @VFSV6FORME has been checked and recertified to drive so who are we to question specifics and his doctors. I don’t think I want to see the forum degrade to the extent that people are treated in such a way the6 have to prove things. Simply accept what said or disregard it, and let’s move on.

If licensing standards are an issue that bugs you, and poor license standards bug me. Maybe we should all push the powers to be to have 5 yearly retests,. Not age discriminated but from birth to death so to speak. Each 5 years the skills level can be reconsidered and improved in some areas so we all see improvements in road behaviour over time.

As is, at times I feel I’m playing rushin roulette (pun intended) on our roads o_O

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Nice, love that colour, biased of course though!
*high Fives* with clintix & Mr Tree
:D

Maybe we should all push the powers to be to have 5 yearly retests,. Not age discriminated but from birth to death so to speak. Each 5 years the skills level can be reconsidered and improved in some areas so we all see improvements in road behaviour over time.
Technical & physical skill is almost completely irrelevant, IMHO. Yes I know you can get out of a tight spot very occasionally if you're a skilled driver, but an observant yet unskilled driver is multiple times less likely to get into that tight spot than an aggressive nob with great car-control skills.

People know how to pass the tests. Plenty of poor drivers have very obviously passed said tests very recently (plenty of green P plates on cars being driven badly by people in their 30's & 40's in Sydney). You have to somehow make people actually care about driving ... and I don't know if anyone's come up with a way to achieve that, I think it's why there are so many road safety measures that are actually detrimental to road safety (eg. current speed-limit enforcement practices in all Australian states).

I do suspect that, peripherally & to some small amount, being tested every 5 years would at least put a little bit of weight on the ownership of a licence. There's a bit of effort involved, which makes it a bigger thing. But I don't think it'd make that much difference (and if I'm honest I'd curse the inconvenience! :)).

Last edited:

Clintix

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS Regal Peacock Sedan
It was a hard look, most of the VF Series II i found in regal peacock were either ex-police or only VF series I.

Last edited:

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition