Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What's left of Holden

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
My first car was a Holden HD Special X2, bought it in 1966. Yes still love the note on the exhaust...

I wrote my dad's HD X2 off when I was on my L's.

I tried to drift it through a gate and clipped both sides.

I opened the panels up on both sides up like a can of baked beans.

I remember him saying I was a stupid (now what was that other word), he was sitting in the passenger's seat at the time.

Luckily the NRMA sold the car back to him for $200 and he fixed the panels with the insurance pay out and the car looked as good as new.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
I wrote my dad's HD X2 off when I was on my L's.

I tried to drift it through a gate and clipped both sides.

I opened the panels up on both sides up like a can of baked beans.

I remember him saying I was a stupid (now what was that other word), he was sitting in the passenger's seat at the time.

Luckily the NRMA sold the car back to him for $200 and he fixed the panels with the insurance pay out and the car looked as good as new.

Yes the HD was a very unpopular Holden car ever made. All complained about the Shark fin out the front. Years ago I new a person that smashed the front of the car up, I was not a big smash just bent in that shark fin so he had it repaired and years late that area stated to crack and one day he lent on the fin and the complete fin fell off. Yes the complete fin was Nikkie, putty, body filler, WOW those days there was some shonky panel beaters.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
So Holden “did an AU” with the HD?

I kinda wondered why there were so few around compared to the EH (which always looked pretty much the same to me; yes I can tell them apart, whereas I’ve forgotten the side-indicator shapes that allow you to tell a VR from a VS, but the differences were minor & cosmetic to me).

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline

I kinda wondered why there were so few around compared to the EH (which always looked pretty much the same to me; yes I can tell them apart, whereas I’ve forgotten the side-indicator shapes that allow you to tell a VR from a VS, but the differences were minor & cosmetic to me).

there are plenty of differences both inside and out - The HD was the full model change.

The HD is to the HR as the EJ was to the EH.

kleanphil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V SII Sportwagon

As far as the VR VS I believe VR had orange plastic white globe and the VS had white plastic with orange globe , i'm not sure of any shape change

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
there are plenty of differences both inside and out - The HD was the full model change.

The HD is to the HR as the EJ was to the EH.
Sorry, brainfart/typo, I meant HR rather than EH. :)

Z31na

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VF Commodore Evoke
As far as the VR VS I believe VR had orange plastic white globe and the VS had white plastic with orange globe , i'm not sure of any shape change
Vr’s was square where as VS was the oval shape used on Vt/x.
Also didn’t all the VR’s have the old Holden badge and the VS was the change to the current one?

stick3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sedan vs ute gsx1400
vs series 2 got the oval that how you could tell the difference from a series one which had the square they were both orange and i change mine to the clear oval lens /orange globe from vt/series 3... looks a lot better than the square

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
train spotting?

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
vs series 2 got the oval that how you could tell the difference from a series one which had the square they were both orange and i change mine to the clear oval lens /orange globe from vt/series 3... looks a lot better than the square

My series one VS had orange oval