Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What's my VS worth?

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
All that said for 10k, best value around IMO is a BL Mazda 3. A car you can choose to neglect and still get a pretty reliable 300k out of. Drive nice, safe with plenty of extras

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
All that said for 10k, best value around IMO is a BL Mazda 3. A car you can choose to neglect and still get a pretty reliable 300k out of. Drive nice, safe with plenty of extras

They were an option.

I was showing him a few SP25 but he doesn't like them.

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
They were an option.

I was showing him a few SP25 but he doesn't like them.
Yeah mine was the same. We ended up with an E46 320 for 5k, he loves it. Hasn't been any trouble, few bits and bobs like power steer pump and a coolant sensor over the last 12 months. He's done a lot of kms. Reinvigorated my bimmer weakness

Commo64

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Omega
That's why I'm wary of getting another bimmer.

His budget is 10ish.
You'll be easily able to afford these cars in the budget, though they will most likely be Automatics... I've seen a few go under your budget (mainly E46's) and you can sometimes pick up an E90 for just a little bit more than $10,000, though I'd negotiate the price pretty heavily as you'd like to leave a little aside for maintenance.. Yes I've done research as I'm in the market for one currently...

6 cylinder BMW's are easier to work on than 4 cylinder Mini's and are more reliable, but if that still scares you away, you could go for a manual 4th or 5th gen Subaru Liberty which you can find for under $10k, I'd go for the 4th because they feel a little more premium but I used to have a 5th gen Liberty, which was really reliable and quite nice (It did over 120,000km in the first three years and never had an issue)...

Commo64

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Omega
Kms aren't really a concern on them if they are maintained, these things will do 500k. Find the right seller and it will be. Manuals are practically impossible to come by though and for me kinda kill the whole experience of a luxury barge. The ZF 6 speed is superb. Parts for it are cheaper than the VY, there's just a lot more of them that need maintenance
Kilometres aren't really a concern on most cars if it's been well maintained, though many of these aren't, which is why they're always breaking down... They're reliable but need more maintenance than the average Commodore...

OldBomb

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
Most sellers of cars are just as delusional as people who value their own homes. I live 8.5km's from the city, but apparently houses in suburbs 40km's from the CBD are more sought after lol.. yeah mate, no worries.

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
I have been looking at the BMW, Audi, Mercedes cars. What scares me is that when something goes wrong the repair bills can be astronomical. As we only need the back seat for the dog the Toyota 86 is looking good.

OldBomb

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
years ago you could get a corolla for $5k. Not anymore

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
I have been looking at the BMW, Audi, Mercedes cars. What scares me is that when something goes wrong the repair bills can be astronomical. As we only need the back seat for the dog the Toyota 86 is looking good.
There’s a reason the German marques are cheaper secondhand. As the old saying goes, if you can’t afford to buy a new one you can’t afford to run a secondhand one.

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
That's why you steer clear of dsg/dct and uncommon engine configurations. The thing that separates older straight six bms with a ZF is the sheer volume of them and knowledge available built up over a decade+. E46, E60 and to a lesser extent E90 are full blown cultures worldwide

The only issue with an 86 is your looking underneath everyone's SUV in traffic