Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What's the ZB commodore like any issues? What do the owners of ZB think? Pointless thread ruined by one user.

Status
Not open for further replies.

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
Happy now or not ?.I'm not a mechanic but I am astute. The nitrogen fans and believers still exist. I did a lot of research in buying my ZB 4 cyl. Petrol turbo. Its brilliant.. I don't know the future but at $27880. with 5000k on it with free servicing and 5 year Holden warranty ( not dealers warranty) it was a great decision. People.paid big money for a VCR but reviews were not very good

holy crap you paid 27k for a LT :oops:.

the VXR is much better than the LT hands down it has all of the tech that your LT is missing so you cant compare the vxr to your LT.
in terms of performance and handling the vxr leaves the lt in its dust and that is why it has a higher price.

but still you paid 27k for the entry level zb, that is way too much...

in 2019/2020 you could pickup a lt here with less than 15k on the odometer for less than 19k both diesel and petrol.
the next step up to the rs v6 which has all of the driveline that the lt is missing you could get for 21k.
27k was the rs-v pricing.

Last edited:

Sfitz38

Reaction score
Members Ride
2018 ZB Commodore LT
I have the LT model also, other than an aircon hose leaking (replaced under warranty after a long issue with the holden service shop) haven't really faulted the car, other then annoying dull and somewhat dangerous headlights (all models by the sounds)

The dealer I bought mine off in Oct last year lead me to believe it had 5 years warranty, Holden confirmed that is was only three due to the build month (one more month later I would have been fine)

Car is out of warranty now and have put in the GFB diverter valve, evc throttle controller and oil change and plug change myself (save money serving self) for a little more 'fun if I want, otherwise it's a daily driver and has been reliable and smooth and cheaper on rego and fuel then the old 3lt VE Berlina prior.

Limited aftermarket items available probably due to the lack of sales on the ZB range.

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
it's a daily driver and has been reliable and smooth

i agree, the zb makes a great daily driver, mine does about 130km per day for work and it does it perfectly.
i put the evc in mine and it corrected the soggy pedal response that the v6 has.

the zb has a neat spot you can mount it too.
there is a hole above the accessory socket that goes into the void behind the console and you can reach the wire with your hand from the drivers side footwell so you dont need to modify/remove anything.

evc525.jpg

Last edited:

Tezza's ZB

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB LT Sedan 4 cylinder 2 Litre Petrol Turbo

the VXR is much better than the LT hands down it has all of the tech that your LT is missing so you cant compare the vxr to your LT.
in terms of performance and handling the vxr leaves the lt in its dust and that is why it has a higher price.

in 2019/2020 you could pickup a lt here with less than 15k on the odometer for less than 19k both diesel and petrol.
the next step up to the rs v6 which has all of the driveline that the lt is missing you could get for 21k.
The price was $27880 in April 2019, it was a Great price then .. I know that dont
I , yes of course I do .. the rs 4 was available but 3000 more for little and big ugly fake air scoops .. um yeh. I knew WHAT I was doing and knew prices very well and got a great trade ,
. so don’t challenge something you know nothing about in 2019. when I researched and purchased . The 6 was not the pick of the motoring reviewers ... my 4 had, every bit of pace with the turbo and it’s much lighter weight.
When people don't like what reviewers say , the rubbish the reviewers ..
The ZB abd the 2 litre petrol turbo were outstanding purchases at the time, just outstanding ... that was because Holden was dying .. and 3 years free servicing plus 5 year warranty to April.2024 was a excellent deal for my 4 turbo.. If anyone can get one for say 24000 with 5000 k , difficult now with low klms, then buy.
A guy around the corner bought one . Before he purchased it , he asked me what it was like .. I said "in a word, remarkable ". He bought a very attractive RS 4 wagon and adores it .
And I read 18 months ago, yes sales were low, but those who bought a ZB ( in particular the 4 cyl) were over the moon about the car . That is right, it was all.the relevant circumstances, including German and Aussie motoring engineers design input etc very underrated, the " not off the bitumen " SUV owners who knew very little about cars but that is what those geese wanted.. These factors and Holden in the death throes... and irresponsibly spending 100s of thousands on the Arcadia, but not a zac on the Commodore gave me a gift

Last edited:

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
The price was $27880 in April 2019, it was a Great price then .. I know that don
t I , yes of course I do .. the rs 4 was available but 3000 more for little and big ugly fake air scoops .. um yeh. I knew whay
t I was doing .. so don’t challenge something you know nothing about in 2019. when I researched and purchased . The 6 was not the pick of. th,evreviewers ... my 4 had, every bit of pace with the turbo and it’s much lighter weight

you have demonstrated that you have not researched anything apart from your vehicle after you purchased it.
you seem to know nothing about the other variants which shows a lack of actual research on them.
you over paid massively for the lowest and cheapest variant in the line up.

the LT was only the "pick" when looked at from the cheapest option to get into a zb and those reviews were done in 2017/2018 before the price crash in 2019/2020.

you can live on fantasy island all you like but all of the v6 all wheel drive variants are far better than the 4cyl front wheel drive variants.
the fwd(LT) variant is missing all off the handling and performance tech because it is the cheapest one in the lineup.

you dont even seem to be aware what has been stripped out of your LT to make it the cheapest.

your problem is that you listened to a muppet on a website tell you how "nice it is to drive" but you dont actually know what is inside your zb apart from the engine power specs.
the engine power is not the most important thing on the zb but you dont know this because you dont know anything about the mechanical side of motor vehicles.

like i have told you the awd variant of the zb will make your LT feel like you are driving a cruze, the VXR will make your LT feel like you are driving a barina.

all of the reviewers when not looking at the cheapest price point will pick the vxr for performance and the calais-v for luxury.

the dealer that you paid 27k to ripped you off

you had another comment before...

There are lots of ZB cop cars .. = reliability.. Tezza can confirm that too... ahhhh

here is a thing you failed to notice, the cops purchased the V6 AWD models because the 4cyl was crap at handling and performance.
the only LT that would have been purchased if any would have been for the office girl to deliver mail

so tezza can actually "confirm" that the cops thought is LT was crap too... ahhhh

Tezza's ZB

Reaction score
Members Ride

BTW mine had 5k on it .. + I got 3 years free servicing and 5 years warranty till 2024, so shove it for telling me I got a poor deal .. it was the total opposite. I didn't want a car over 5000k .. got It? No .. well get it

Tezza's ZB

Reaction score
Members Ride
you have demonstrated that you have not researched anything apart from your vehicle after you purchased it.
you seem to know nothing about the other variants which shows a lack of actual research on them.

the LT was only the "pick" when looked at from the cheapest option to get into a zb and those reviews were done in 2017/2018 before the price crash in 2019/2020.

you can live on fantasy island all you like but all of the v6 all wheel drive variants are far better than the 4cyl front wheel drive variants.
the fwd(LT) variant is missing all off the handling and performance tech because it is the cheapest one in the lineup.

you dont even seem to be aware what has been stripped out of your LT to make it the cheapest.

your problem is that you listened to a muppet on a website tell you how "nice it is to drive" but you dont actually know what is inside your zb apart from the engine power specs.
the engine power is not the most important thing on the zb but you dont know this because you dont know anything about the mechanical side of motor vehicles.

like i have told you the awd variant of the zb will make your LT feel like you are driving a cruze, the VXR will make your LT feel like you are driving a barina.

all of the reviewers when not looking at the cheapest price point will pick the vxr for performance and the calais-v for luxury.

here is a thing you failed to notice, the cops purchased the V6 AWD models because the 4cyl was crap at handling and performance.
the only LT that would have been purchased if any would have been for the office girl to deliver mail

so tezza can actually "confirm" that the cops thought is LT was crap too... ahhhh
I'm not a mechanic .. big f ing deal...the reality is that you don't want to acknowledge the great reviews it received .
It is universally loved by buyers I know .. you don't hear much at all about bad things .. so by every measure Inc motoring reviewers its an outstanding car.
The vxr was not that flash in reviews .. noise but not much pace at a sweet spot .. it was rubbished yet it had pop .. a poster on this site about 18 months ago was lamenting how the awd system seemed to scrub out his tyres with shocking results .. it was terrible value for
money .. so don't paint pretty pictures .. my understanding of awd is this.. makes car heavier , so driveability is compromised, and for all your general driving awd is not engaged.. only engaged when called on .. it ain't something I need . And Holden reviewers thought that the lt fwd... excellent with no torque steer.
The absolute truth is my car is a goldilocks car ..

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
BTW mine had 5k on it .. + I got 3 years free servicing and 5 years warranty till 2024, so shove it for telling me I got a poor deal .. it was the total opposite. I didn't want a car over 5000k .. got It? No .. well get it

you got a crappy deal.

3 years free servicing = about 900 bucks
you got the "balance" of the warranty because the warranty starts when the dealer put it on the road and not when you purchased it so the dealer did not "do you a deal" on that it was on the vehicle before you looked at it.

many of the zb's on the road have the balance of the warranty still on them, some were 7 years others were 5 years and others were 3 years.

basically what happened is the dealer flogged a demo to you at a higher price than what the new price was because they put that on the road 5000km ago when the price was higher.
you walked in and told them how the reviewers all said this and that and the guy was like "look it is nemo" and went i have a deal for you :D

the same thing happened when you went and got nitrogen in your tires lol

Tezza's ZB

Reaction score
Members Ride

I'll just repeat, first you were not in the market for a ZB in April 2019, no , so stop this nonsense, you don't know.. you don't.. I am articulate , negotiate very well but there comes a point when the dealer has to say no.. My trade was very better too than I thought.
Of course it was an excellent price. I detailed what overall deal I got .. im not doing that again. You are in my face about the deal., but you are totally wrong and not around with a serious or any buying intention when I was, no you weren't

Status
Not open for further replies.