Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What's this noise? Lifter tick?

Al dirte

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve ssv uterus & Vl executive
hey mate i have the same issue did you find a fix

aye mate, took it in to the shop and theyve determined that it was rocker chatter, soomthing about the l98 having **** bushes and swapping them out for a solid trunion. havnt got it back yet as the courier has gone awol so i am unable to take a viedo of the difference. im confident in there diagnostics thoe as it could sound like a sewing machine

JowlBra

Reaction score
Members Ride
vf ss s1
was it a cheap fix? i just got a cam package because they told me mine was lifter tick an said one of my dod lifters was all messed up internaly but since getting it back im still hearing that same noise just not as loud which i think is because the cams making it hard to hear

Al dirte

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve ssv uterus & Vl executive
was it a cheap fix? i just got a cam package because they told me mine was lifter tick an said one of my dod lifters was all messed up internaly but since getting it back im still hearing that same noise just not as loud which i think is because the cams making it hard to hear

kpm quoted me 750 supplied and fitted, i believe the same kits are around 380 from vcm, i imaginenitd be as simple as remove rocker covers and investigate and to replace would just be the know how and a touque wrench. i assume. yeah i feel the cam noise is a hard one to cancel out especially when your not used to it. i should be getting my car ute back tomorrow ill post a video and see if the noise is gone

jcvhsle

Reaction score
Members Ride
vh Sle 4.2, ve SSZ z wagon
Ok, curious to hear the new video. I’ve just come back to a ve after a few years and I’m hearing all the usual noises, injector pulses, typical noisy ticks and so on. But one member mentioned a chirp sound. Would that chirp be like a similar sound to a noisy pulley on the belts like the pulley sound from the ecotecs? I have a chirp which has a pattern to it. Hmmm curious