Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Wheel sizing / offset advice?

Foggsy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SS Sedan M6
Fair enough, good to know for when I pull the trigger on a set of SF06's.

Because a +50 would not clear Rear Brembo brakes due to being a concave rim. +45 will clear with a few mm to spare and is about 3-5mm from clearing the guard so a very fine line.

ruredi

AVGJO3
Reaction score
Members Ride
'12 SS V Z Series Manaul Sportwagon
now you've got me worried...

i'm about to bite the bullet on a set of 20x10 +35 and 20x11 +45 Koya SF's, will contact them to see if they will clear my HSV AP's!

See page 4!

Front: 20 x 9.5 +30 running 245/35
Rear: 20 x 11 +43 running 275/30

OR

20x10 +30 with 255/35
20x11 +43 with 275/30

Will clear your HSV AP's! But you will be running stretched tyres which you probably already knew.

+43 is the magic number for the 20 x 11 rear Koya Rim.

ruredi

AVGJO3
Reaction score
Members Ride

Foggsy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SS Sedan M6
They are amazing wheels. there is a member Bigjim on here with them on a Blue VF2 redline in pretty much the exact size you ordered and they look fantastic. There is a thread with photos, I will try to find for you.

ruredi

AVGJO3
Reaction score
Members Ride
Haha...Literally made my final decision based on that exact car! Went +3 more offset on the rear like he said he would have done had he of had the time again! Looks sick. I'm just worried my wagon won't be low enough with the super lows.

mitchy_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Senator SV08
I saw that, was hoping to go with the +45's to give a touch more clearance. Not entirely sure I'd be happy with only a couple of mm brake clearance, stick a rock in there and it's bad times!

ruredi

AVGJO3
Reaction score
Members Ride
Started to have doubts that the 'Super Lows' were not going to be low enough.

Car currently has Pedders Sportsryder 'Low' springs in it on standard shocks.

Much to my suprise, the car is already sitting at 'Ultra Low' height in the rear being 350mm from center hub to guard lip!

The front is already sitting at 'Super Low' Height at 370mm.

If I were to fit the Super Lows I have, I would be raising the rear 15mm and the front would not change!

So I will be swapping my set over for 'Ultra Lows' KHFL-150SSSL and KHRL-152SSLHD. Will keep the rear where it is now and drop the front 10mm.

Lucky I checked!

Spewing. Really would have liked to go lower but the only way to do that is go coilovers and I 'd need to spend at least $3k for a set I would be happy with.

I suppose I have to find a compromise somewhere. Really low cars look great...in photos. This is a daily driven car with 20,000-30,000 km per year. Practicality is also important to me.

Plus I don't want to scrape everywhere...that's a PITA! Been there and done that!

At least I know the Ultra Lows shouldn't make it ride any harsher than it does now given I will be fitting Bilsteins instead of the standard suspension it is currently running!

ruredi

AVGJO3
Reaction score
Members Ride
I saw that, was hoping to go with the +45's to give a touch more clearance. Not entirely sure I'd be happy with only a couple of mm brake clearance, stick a rock in there and it's bad times!

Hey man.

Not sure if you realise but from my understanding +45 will give you 2mm LESS clearance on brakes than +43.

higher offset brings the wheel inwards i.e - closer to the brake caliper.

mitchy_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Senator SV08
Started to have doubts that the 'Super Lows' were not going to be low enough.

Car currently has Pedders Sportsryder 'Low' springs in it on standard shocks.

Much to my suprise, the car is already sitting at 'Ultra Low' height in the rear being 350mm from center hub to guard lip!

The front is already sitting at 'Super Low' Height at 370mm.

If I were to fit the Super Lows I have, I would be raising the rear 15mm and the front would not change!

So I will be swapping my set over for 'Ultra Lows' KHFL-150SSSL and KHRL-152SSLHD. Will keep the rear where it is now and drop the front 10mm.

Lucky I checked!

Spewing. Really would have liked to go lower but the only way to do that is go coilovers and I 'd need to spend at least $3k for a set I would be happy with.

I suppose I have to find a compromise somewhere. Really low cars look great...in photos. This is a daily driven car with 20,000-30,000 km per year. Practicality is also important to me.

Plus I don't want to scrape everywhere...that's a PITA! Been there and done that!

At least I know the Ultra Lows shouldn't make it ride any harsher than it does now given I will be fitting Bilsteins instead of the standard suspension it is currently running!

my Omega wagon has SSLHD rear and coilovers up front. rear sits at ~345mm centre of wheel to guard with a tow bar, so you're right in saying you wont gain much.

Hey man.

Not sure if you realise but from my understanding +45 will give you 2mm LESS clearance on brakes than +43.

higher offset brings the wheel inwards i.e - closer to the brake caliper.

yup, clued up on the offsets. i just figured a concaved rim along with 350mm rotors on the rear would have have ample brake clearance... what is the rotor size for rear brembo's?