Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Wheel spacers to make Brembo's fit

Banjo79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Sportwagon
Anyone have an idea of how many mm's of bolt on wheel spacer front and rear that I'd need to get Brembos under S1 VF SS 18 inch wheels? I like those wheels for some reason. I've done the T3/QFM upgrade around 50000km's ago, good value but its time for something better. Harrop will fit but Brembo with spacers will be cheaper. I was thinking Eibach. Thoughts?

VT&VX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim
You would put as much as it takes to make those wheels (with tyres) fit flush with body, without rubbing.
If that isn't enough to clear the brembos then you can't have those wheels.

Smashfist

Reaction score
Members Ride
440rwhp Cammed VF Ute
You'd need as many mm's as it takes to get your car defected so you have to rip it all off again and run over the pits.

They don't fit together - plain and simple.

KT11H

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline Ute
If you really want to use wheel spacers, get hub centric wheel spacers to avoid vibrations. they have different thickness from 5mm upwards. Just remind you that all spacers are illegal. Better to get the right wheels to accommodate the Brembo.

VT&VX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim
get hub centric wheel spacers to avoid vibrations. they have different thickness from 5mm upwards.

I think 15mm to 25mm for hub centric bolt-on spacers.

PS: Custom wheels made to suit your personal taste vs money to buy another car :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Banjo79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Sportwagon
Sadly fitting the brakes in the first place is as "illegal"/defectable (without certification) as the wheel spacers. I figured if Harrop 4 pots fit, I might only need 5-10mm spacers for Brembos.

H

harrop.senator

Order some cheap 5mm slip ons in a 4 pack and stack them til they fit or you can do it with washer packs to get yor thickness needed. With the hubcentric spacers if you run a bead of black Max silicone between hub and spacer and repaint front of disc and spacer a matching low gloss Black it makes it a lot harder to pick. I know of an ls1 converted s13 Silvia that was knocked back on engineering like 8 times to have to make subtle changes and they didn't pick up on the ten mm hubcentric the whole time as wheels never came off.

Banjo79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Sportwagon
Cheap slip on's for sizing up is a great idea, thanks.

Smashfist

Reaction score
Members Ride
440rwhp Cammed VF Ute
Sadly fitting the brakes in the first place is as "illegal"/defectable (without certification) as the wheel spacers.

How so? You can mix and match any factory parts that were released on the vehicle.

If you fit the 4pot front/4pot rear then the supporting argument is that they were used on the S1 Lowndes edition Redline so they were a factory option for that vehicle line.

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
You can just use washers on the studs to simulate spacers to find out how big to go (just make sure you don't put the car on the ground while you do it).