Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Wheel/Tyre Size Question

Adz137

Reaction score
Members Ride
Skoda Superb 206
Hi Guys

Hoping someone is able to help me out. I’ve been driving Fords for the last 10 years (FG XR6 turbo, FGX G6E turbo & FGX XR8). Last year I sold my XR8 so I could buy my wife a Skoda Superb 206 Wagon as we had our second child on the way. One year later the minister of finance has allowed me to get myself a car with a budget of around 35k. After seeing my mates VF2 SSV I decided then and there that I was going to get one for myself. I’m not in a hurry as I have runabout car so I am willing to wait for a nice clean secondhand VF2 SS or SSV that’s within my price range.

My question is in regards to wheel and tyre sizes. On my G6E turbo I had 19 inch TSW Bathurst wheels with Nitto Invo tyres. The wheels are 8 inch at the front and 9.5 inches wide at the back. The tyres are 245 35 19 at the front and 275 35 19 at the rear. I still have the wheels and tyres and I was wondering if I would be able to put these on a VF2 SS? I was gonna sell the wheels/tyres but if they fit on the VF2 I’m going to keep them.

Thanks heaps is advance.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
No.
The stud pattern is different

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
Bummer, thanks for that mate, looks like they'll be going up on Gumtree afterall.
Sorry read your post again. The tyres will fit redline wheels ...but the rims obviously don't fit...
Best to sell it all..

Adz137

Reaction score
Members Ride
Skoda Superb 206
Sorry read your post again. The tyres will fit redline wheels ...but the rims obviously don't fit...
Best to sell it all..

Yeah think I'll just sell it all. What ever i get can go towards future mods.

martinpalac

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Commodore
Hey, sorry for hi-jacking the thread, but thought id get some feedback, im wanting to buy some 20s for my VF SS. I may have found some VF HSV wheels but they were drilled to fit a VX (pre VE). Will these still fit a VF without any issues? Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
They will...but will have extra space around the middle of the hub..
Not sure if this is an issue...
Potentially...

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
They will...but will have extra space around the middle of the hub..
Not sure if this is an issue...
Potentially...

Just needs to get some hub rings and everything will be honky dorey