Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

when will last VF sell? place your bets

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Ok, you're confusing me now. Are you (or are you not) suggesting that the remaining unsold cars are still 'new'?

It think that's the salient point. Because, as I posted earlier, for various reasons, I don't believe it's reasonable to say they are 'new' in the true sense of the word. Especially considering moat dealers are still asking RRP, or above in some cases.
Well ... there seem to be 2yo cars which are yet to be registered, these are officially new ... and there are those which have been registered, these are officially demo’s. As far as I’m concerned, they’re the same as each other.

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
Well ... there seem to be 2yo cars which are yet to be registered, these are officially new ... and there are those which have been registered, these are officially demo’s. As far as I’m concerned, they’re the same as each other.

So demo =new and new = demo??

Totally confused now..

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
So demo =new and new = demo??

Totally confused now..
No, a “demo” is something which has been registered. It could have been registered 2 years ago.
A “new” car has never been registered.
They were both made at the same time, both rolled down the production line at the same time. They’ve both been treated the same since they rolled off the truck at the dealership.
What’s the real difference? Length of default warranty ... and that’s it, nothing else.

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
No, a “demo” is something which has been registered. It could have been registered 2 years ago.

No, that would be a used car. Would you accept a 2yr old registered car as a 'demo' and at the associated price premium above that of a used car?

A “new” car has never been registered.

Correct

They were both made at the same time, both rolled down the production line at the same time. They’ve both been treated the same since they rolled off the truck at the dealership.

Really? A registered 'demo' has been treated the same as an unregistered 'new' car? Remind me never to buy from those yards..

What’s the real difference? Length of default warranty ... and that’s it, nothing else.

Well for starters, one has been registered and driven, and one hasn't?

Holden17

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 SV6 ute/MY17 LMF SS wagon
This W.A dealer has this car listed as "Used"

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/de...edline-vf-series-ii-auto-my17/OAG-AD-14738958

2017 Holden Commodore SS V Redline VF Series II Auto Manufacturer Marketing Year (MY17)

Build date May 2017
9klms
Unreg
$64,9777 Drive away
Question is...if I all of a sudden found I had the money/circumstances (eg lease up) to buy this or a VXR for $59k (granted you could probably get for $55k tops) that probably rolled off the production line 6 months ago anyhow, I would much more likely go the Redline knowing that it was yet another last opportunity to get an affordable 8....in other words I can still see why dealers are asking these $$ despite whether it is known as used, demo, new etc

King Brown

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CalaisV Series2 6.2 Sportswagon
Ok, you're confusing me now. Are you (or are you not) suggesting that the remaining unsold cars are still 'new'?

It think that's the salient point. Because, as I posted earlier, for various reasons, I don't believe it's reasonable to say they are 'new' in the true sense of the word. Especially considering moat dealers are still asking RRP, or above in some cases.

In other forms of retailing, something that has sat around for a few years waiting to be purchased, would be known as 'NOS' (New Old Stock)