Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

when will last VF sell? place your bets

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
Only by using the LSA...
When Euro 5 applied(Oct 15), the LS3 was de-rated to 304kw.
HSV dropped it, and fitted LSA's to everything.
Holden then dropped the L77 and fitted the newly compliant LS3.

The HSV MY16 black and track editions had the NA LS3?

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Yes and at 340kw. As I say, they found a loophole somehow.

Correct, they had a 'limited numbers exemption' to clear stock.
I think the 'Black, Track and Grange' were less than 250 vehicles.

BAitch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SV6
I came across this article and it reminded me of this thread. In it the VFII SS's are recommended as good used buys for this year

https://www.drive.com.au/review/the-top-10-used-car-buys-for-2019-120503.html

Excerpt:
Holden VF Commodore SS Series II

Despite the fact that Holden stopped making cars more than a whole year ago, it’s kind of amazing that some dealers still have demonstrator VF SSs for sale. While the focus is on slow sales of the replacement car, the ZB Commodore, it seems predictions of the last of the Aussie Holdens being snapped up by collectors were a bit optimistic. Anyway, the point is that these VF SSs are actually great cars. And dollar-for-dollar, they thrash any full-sized, imported performance sedan. Fact.

Holden gave the very last VFs (the Series 2) a 6.2-litre V8 which is tuneful and also very feisty and if you find an SS-V Redline example, you’ll also get huge Brembo brakes to make the car a superbly rounded package. Okay, so big sedans are on the nose generally, but as the last gasp of the local car industry, a VF SS is also a significant model. You’ll have to wait a fair while before values start going up, but at least you’ll enjoy the car in the meantime.

Thanks for your comment.

Viewing the majority of posts, we seem to have lost the plot regarding the title of this Topic "when will last VF sell? place your bets", so I am about to bring the subject up again!!

The following, extracted from the three motor vehicle sales websites plus an exhaustive review of practically every Holden dealership in Australia, is an updated analysis of VFII Holdens that are in contention for being “the last VFII to be sold”.

Calais V Sportwagon:
8 are listed of which 1 is classified as “New”, 4 “Demo” and 3 “Used”. All these vehicles average 22.5 kms with one having travelled 1,949 kms, although it is classified by the dealer as “used” it is in fact used as a “demonstrator”. Interestingly, two of the “used” Calais have never been registered. One having travelled a grand distance of 35 kms and the other 15 kms – distances that should have classified the vehicles as being “new”, or at best, a “demonstrator”.

Calais Director Sedan:
There are 4 remaining unsold, the majority in Western Australia. Of these, one is “new” on 22kms, one “demonstrator” on 10kms and two “used”, one on 63kms and the other just 10 km.

Motorsport Edition Sedan:
There are currently 13 Motorsport Sedans unsold at dealerships in New South Wales, Victoria, South Australia and Western Australia. There are none in Queensland , Tasmania or the Northern Territory, although I stand corrected. Of these 13 vehicles, 5 are “new”, two “demonstrator” each having less than 11 kms on the clock and six “used”. Of the 6 “used”, 2 were previously “demonstrator”, thus illustrating the confusion some dealership experience in how to classify their cars when a new version of Commodore arrived. Discounting two that have a high odometer reading, the rest have 49 kms or less on the clock – hardly “used” or “demonstrators”. In fact of the 13 Motorsport Sedans, 10 are unregistered which in my opinion makes them “new”!

Commodore SS:
There are only two Commodore SS vehicles that remain unsold, a Sedan with 36 kms classified as “new” on the clock and the other a Sportwagon “used” with a staggering 18 kms on the clock – another of those weird classifications. Both of these vehicles are unregistered so make that two new vehicles.

Commodore SS-V Redline:
A considerable number remain unsold of this extravagant sports machine, far more than GM-H predicted would remain unsold after the passage of fifteen months. 35 in total, of which 9 are classified as “new”, 12 “demonstrator” and 14 “used” Since I commenced recording the sales of the last of the MY17 Redline Commodores, the total then numbered 49, with 14 having been sold over the past two months. So we are slowly seeing the last of these cars disappearing from dealerships.

Commodore SV6
In November 2018 there were a total of 18 SV6 sedans, utilities and sportwagons listed. As of 8 January 2019, these have been whittled down to only 9 SV6 models, 7 Sportwagon and 2 Sedans. Of these, five Sportwagons are demonstrator (two unregistered) and "two "used" and 2 sedans as demonstrators both registered one with 40kms and the other on 293 kms.

Commodore Evoke:
As of 14 December 2018 there were two Evoke Sedans still being used as a "demonstrator". One of these has since been sold, leaving just one in New South Wales, although this vehicle has 2,300 kms on the clock the dealer has it classified as a demonstrator.

Now we come to Holden Special Vehicles, although these may be outside the scope of this Topic.
As of 8 January 2018, there are 8 vehicles classified as “New” , one having 16 kms the remainder have zero kilometers. Four of these are here in Brisbane, and two in Western Australia. Three are “used” with them having an odometer reading each of less than 24 kilometers. One in Victoria has 3,000 km on the clock and is classified as a “demonstrator”! It joins another with 1,969 kms as a “demonstrator”. The last “demonstrator has 18 kms on the clock. I am uncertain whether to include one vehicle that has been bought by a private individual but has not been registered. This car has 16 kms on the clock. I tend to disregard this vehicle as it has already been sold with it being advertised for sale. A similar scenario is with the SS-V Redline, with a GMH employee buying an example, and leaving it in his garage, unregistered, but advertised for sale.

Excluding HSV and the multitude of hidden speculative purchases, the current standing is 73 unsold VFII Commodores of all variations still in stock in a multitude of dealerships as of 8 January 2019. It will be interesting to see this number slowly being reduced until the day when the last Australian built Holden finally finds a new, and hopefully, appreciative home.

If the interest is there, I will periodically update these details.

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
Great write up @BAitch. Appreciate the effort you've gone to. The only thing I'd say is that carsales probably isn't completely indicative of the actual number still out there. Some cars may be squirrelled away by dealers as part of a private collection and others may just not appear on there at all for whatever reason.

In any case it would be great to know when the final one does go if possible. Unfortunately the lucky buyer probably won't ever realise they have it..

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
Thanks for your comment.

Viewing the majority of posts, we seem to have lost the plot regarding the title of this Topic "when will last VF sell? place your bets", so I am about to bring the subject up again!!

The following, extracted from the three motor vehicle sales websites plus an exhaustive review of practically every Holden dealership in Australia, is an updated analysis of VFII Holdens that are in contention for being “the last VFII to be sold”.

Calais V Sportwagon:
8 are listed of which 1 is classified as “New”, 4 “Demo” and 3 “Used”. All these vehicles average 22.5 kms with one having travelled 1,949 kms, although it is classified by the dealer as “used” it is in fact used as a “demonstrator”. Interestingly, two of the “used” Calais have never been registered. One having travelled a grand distance of 35 kms and the other 15 kms – distances that should have classified the vehicles as being “new”, or at best, a “demonstrator”.

Calais Director Sedan:
There are 4 remaining unsold, the majority in Western Australia. Of these, one is “new” on 22kms, one “demonstrator” on 10kms and two “used”, one on 63kms and the other just 10 km.

Motorsport Edition Sedan:
There are currently 13 Motorsport Sedans unsold at dealerships in New South Wales, Victoria, South Australia and Western Australia. There are none in Queensland , Tasmania or the Northern Territory, although I stand corrected. Of these 13 vehicles, 5 are “new”, two “demonstrator” each having less than 11 kms on the clock and six “used”. Of the 6 “used”, 2 were previously “demonstrator”, thus illustrating the confusion some dealership experience in how to classify their cars when a new version of Commodore arrived. Discounting two that have a high odometer reading, the rest have 49 kms or less on the clock – hardly “used” or “demonstrators”. In fact of the 13 Motorsport Sedans, 10 are unregistered which in my opinion makes them “new”!

Commodore SS:
There are only two Commodore SS vehicles that remain unsold, a Sedan with 36 kms classified as “new” on the clock and the other a Sportwagon “used” with a staggering 18 kms on the clock – another of those weird classifications. Both of these vehicles are unregistered so make that two new vehicles.

Commodore SS-V Redline:
A considerable number remain unsold of this extravagant sports machine, far more than GM-H predicted would remain unsold after the passage of fifteen months. 35 in total, of which 9 are classified as “new”, 12 “demonstrator” and 14 “used” Since I commenced recording the sales of the last of the MY17 Redline Commodores, the total then numbered 49, with 14 having been sold over the past two months. So we are slowly seeing the last of these cars disappearing from dealerships.

Commodore SV6
In November 2018 there were a total of 18 SV6 sedans, utilities and sportwagons listed. As of 8 January 2019, these have been whittled down to only 9 SV6 models, 7 Sportwagon and 2 Sedans. Of these, five Sportwagons are demonstrator (two unregistered) and "two "used" and 2 sedans as demonstrators both registered one with 40kms and the other on 293 kms.

Commodore Evoke:
As of 14 December 2018 there were two Evoke Sedans still being used as a "demonstrator". One of these has since been sold, leaving just one in New South Wales, although this vehicle has 2,300 kms on the clock the dealer has it classified as a demonstrator.

Now we come to Holden Special Vehicles, although these may be outside the scope of this Topic.
As of 8 January 2018, there are 8 vehicles classified as “New” , one having 16 kms the remainder have zero kilometers. Four of these are here in Brisbane, and two in Western Australia. Three are “used” with them having an odometer reading each of less than 24 kilometers. One in Victoria has 3,000 km on the clock and is classified as a “demonstrator”! It joins another with 1,969 kms as a “demonstrator”. The last “demonstrator has 18 kms on the clock. I am uncertain whether to include one vehicle that has been bought by a private individual but has not been registered. This car has 16 kms on the clock. I tend to disregard this vehicle as it has already been sold with it being advertised for sale. A similar scenario is with the SS-V Redline, with a GMH employee buying an example, and leaving it in his garage, unregistered, but advertised for sale.

Excluding HSV and the multitude of hidden speculative purchases, the current standing is 73 unsold VFII Commodores of all variations still in stock in a multitude of dealerships as of 8 January 2019. It will be interesting to see this number slowly being reduced until the day when the last Australian built Holden finally finds a new, and hopefully, appreciative home.

If the interest is there, I will periodically update these details.
Shannon's have one in a comp
Screenshot_20190113-095600.png

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Except to Grange..
Grange only had a limited run at the start of Gen-F2, didn't it?
Actually what did a Gen-F2 Grange have over a Gen-F? Just different wheels?

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Build date would be interesting to know, i.e. was it built in 2016 or is it a late 2015 build.
I put the VIN into some random VIN decoder …
"Chevrolet Camaro Coupe 2016"
"Manufacturer: Chevrolet GM Australia"
Additionally:
CAMARO.jpg

I didn't expect to be able to tell the build date as opposed to model-year; but expected even less to see a picture of a Mustang when the defective VIN decoder thought it was a Camaro. :)