Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

When will the last Holden sell

wetwork65

A wet business
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Wagon & VF SV6 Wagon
Maybe sooner than we think according to this. Strange you can still build and price a new holden on their website though

https://www.news.com.au/technology/...k/news-story/f2566f1a91ba501f54f1355212f3ac76
Maybe me, but all I get for my preferred models are "Contact your local dealer for pricing and availability".
Sounds like - "let's make up a price and see if you go for it".
The variants I don't really want have pricing showing on the website, so it seems noone else wants them either/heaps of stock.
Oh and the downloadable brocure is for MY18.

Derekthetree

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F R8 SV Manual
Since when do Subaru no longer make WRX?

In the UK at least, the third gen Impreza was met with a lot of disdain after the popular 2nd gen (McRae, Burns inspired RB5, P1 etc). IIRC they didn't bring a full spec (280bhp+) version across immediately, people didn't like the hatch looks and the market died.
The resurgence of the hot hatch at the same time (Golf GTI, Renaultsports, Fords) gave people far more options in that market.

Plus you can sell more expensive bits on a GTR to the loaded punter.

Clintix

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS Regal Peacock Sedan
Maybe me, but all I get for my preferred models are "Contact your local dealer for pricing and availability".
Sounds like - "let's make up a price and see if you go for it".
The variants I don't really want have pricing showing on the website, so it seems noone else wants them either/heaps of stock.
Oh and the downloadable brocure is for MY18.

Yes i think the website has now been updated thats all i got second time around now, same on car sales it says "Ask us for a deal" hahaha

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
I did read again today, they are hoping to sell all their stock by the last 3rd of this year....There is surposed to be plenty of stock sitting and some still to arrive. It was also mentioned, expect dealerships to discount heavily to clear stock and with talks underway with them to potentially move to other brands, I suspect they will be big discounts.

Of course, time will tell

wetwork65

A wet business
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Wagon & VF SV6 Wagon
I did read again today, they are hoping to sell all their stock by the last 3rd of this year....There is surposed to be plenty of stock sitting and some still to arrive. It was also mentioned, expect dealerships to discount heavily to clear stock and with talks underway with them to potentially move to other brands, I suspect they will be big discounts.

Of course, time will tell
I've seen figures of $2 to $10k discount in the media. Yeah nah.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
I've seen figures of $2 to $10k discount in the media. Yeah nah.
Those reports allegedly came from a discounted price-list sent to dealers today, up to $11.5k off a Colorado, I think $8k off an Astra.
But if they're the new list prices, wait a few months & you could negotiate more.
Nothing on Commodore as they're already on runout.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
Worthless cars
Imagine the depreciation
Nobody would want it second hand

good for business buyers perhaps but why would you want a dying brand car when there are soooo many good options out there from brands that are very stable and certainly more reliable...

White Swan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SS
Worthless cars
Imagine the depreciation
Nobody would want it second hand

good for business buyers perhaps but why would you want a dying brand car when there are soooo many good options out there from brands that are very stable and certainly more reliable...

They may end up suffering the stigma the Mitsubishi Magna did.