Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

where to go Adelaide

Greggles_VS

The Noob
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6 Ecotec
Looking to get my Ecotec rebuilt as it's done in excess of half a mil on the clock, and think trans may need rebuild due to slow gear changes and slipping into gear. Wondering if anyone could recommend a place prefer northern suburbs. And if anyone had an estimated cost? Cheers

Big-Al

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS 5.7 M6
hmmm northern suburbs in Adelaide. Don't you guys just strip stolen cars of parts on the side of the road and then burn out the shell?

Greggles_VS

The Noob
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6 Ecotec
Lol I don't live is lizbef haha

Wozza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR_GS commodore
Lol I don't live is lizbef haha
Oi!!!! not nice...:D beside around here we just pop over to the neighbors and pick a part... ....Im not kidding VR/VS are like asshoooles around here :D
Ive used the engine bay twice for engine transplants Salisbury Plain mechanic | mechanic in Salisbury Plain | Salisbury Plain mechanical | Salisbury Plain diesel mechanic | mechanical repairs | engine Salisbury Plain and city dismantlers once for trans swap both did the job with zero probs and wasn't to pricey

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Mate, crate motor with <150k can be had off ebay for $500 (ish). Only a couple of hours labour to swap it out but really easy to do yourself. A rebuild will set you back a heap more. Same with the tranny.

aussie bob

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs Exec S2
As pollushon said get another motor and box it will be way cheaper instead of rebuilding yours. Motor and box you will get for under $1000

phear11

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs 5L Berlina
agree with the other guys if u are just going standard get a low km from wreckers. or buy a car thats got low ks but smashed in the rear and swap ur stuff then scrap the smashed shell.

most just commodore spares stores have them and can fit if u cant.

unless ur wanting to build a hot motor i wouldnt waste ur money rebuilding.

Greggles_VS

The Noob
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6 Ecotec
Cheers for feedback guys, thinking of chucking a small block crate motor in instaed maybe. Ill see how fundage treats me lol