Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Where's fuel pump relay

PlenumBiscuit

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Commodore
Basically I would be running the 2011 LFW coded ECU for that car with flex fuel disabled and then overwrite with 2012 LFX settings.
I would not be surprised if most of your problems disappeared.
Just need a 2011 ECU with the correct #serv number. Hell I would do the whole job for $100 and I am in Adelaide.
As long as you are running the 2014 HPFP and they didn't re-use the one from the LLT as they are different.

unreal youre in Radelaide!! Do you have a workshop or a home repairer...

Im in adelaide hills

step 1: new 2011 ECU with correct #serv number

step 2: would we need a tuner to load the LFX settings

will my scan tool tell me if i have HPFP...it doesnt have the relay so im guessing HPFP

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
Thanks so you know any good tuners in Adelaide? So far I've got quotes at $700 plus just to disable the fuel flex sensor omg
not sure in Adelaide, they dont need to license ur tune just to look at data, but if ur paying for them to license it to change the flex side then they should be able to make corrections for the issue if they can replicate it and if its something they can adjust, that 700 is alot just to adjust a few flex settings

uglyoldfatbastard

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 SV6, 2010 International, 1996 VS Exec
unreal youre in Radelaide!! Do you have a workshop or a home repairer...

Im in adelaide hills

step 1: new 2011 ECU with correct #serv number

step 2: would we need a tuner to load the LFX settings

will my scan tool tell me if i have HPFP...it doesnt have the relay so im guessing HPFP
I am down in Salisbury and work from home (retired). Now I just need to determine the MAF sensor so give me a few hours as I was thinking about this while I was waiting for the wife and might have to go 2012 LFX anyway due to the 8 wire MAF you are running. Otherwise going back to the 2011 would be the better option as it supports your transmission properly but the code is designed for a 5 wire MAF and it might not be able to do the MAF signal so let me have a look and then will give your the service number to look for.
HPFP no way to tell other than looking and it's at the back of the engine! Hopefully it came with the LFX and they didn't swap as the LLT does not work correctly on a LFX.
As for tuning tool I have that covered and can turn of flex and overwrite with LFX code they really are such simple jobs the flex takes longer to read the ECU (4 minutes) and 40 seconds to write the calibration back and all you do is click the master switch for Flex Fuel.
In the image all you do is click disable and it's done and someone wants $700 for doing that.

Attachments

• flex.jpg
    flex.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 30

PlenumBiscuit

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Commodore
I am down in Salisbury and work from home (retired). Now I just need to determine the MAF sensor so give me a few hours as I was thinking about this while I was waiting for the wife and might have to go 2012 LFX anyway due to the 8 wire MAF you are running. Otherwise going back to the 2011 would be the better option as it supports your transmission properly but the code is designed for a 5 wire MAF and it might not be able to do the MAF signal so let me have a look and then will give your the service number to look for.
HPFP no way to tell other than looking and it's at the back of the engine! Hopefully it came with the LFX and they didn't swap as the LLT does not work correctly on a LFX.
As for tuning tool I have that covered and can turn of flex and overwrite with LFX code they really are such simple jobs the flex takes longer to read the ECU (4 minutes) and 40 seconds to write the calibration back and all you do is click the master switch for Flex Fuel.
In the image all you do is click disable and it's done and someone wants $700 for doing that.

omg thats incredible, i knew it would be a quick 2 second enable/disable switch....$700 omg was almost gonna just buy my own hp tuner for that

is there a chance the trans type is different? ive got a feeling it was upgraded with the lfx motor (or renewed)

does the vf have a different trans to ve? mine is definitely a 6 speed

when i bought it the seller gave me his old 5 wire maf & air box too as a spare so he obviously upgraded it

ive got a feeling the car is a wreckers build, as its incredibly immaculate for a 300,000kms car.....i bought it cheap as i could see that all the parts/bolt ons were very new. vin number upgrade was all legitimate

Reactions: Lex

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
But start going up inclines and it shudders....live data shows no misfires

That can also be a sign that the torque converter clutch has worn out and is slipping (metal on metal). My old SV6 did a similar thing and pulling the trans pan revealed all (full of glitter from the worn metal of the TC clutch).

uglyoldfatbastard

Reaction score
Members Ride
omg thats incredible, i knew it would be a quick 2 second enable/disable switch....$700 omg was almost gonna just buy my own hp tuner for that

is there a chance the trans type is different? ive got a feeling it was upgraded with the lfx motor (or renewed)

does the vf have a different trans to ve? mine is definitely a 6 speed

when i bought it the seller gave me his old 5 wire maf & air box too as a spare so he obviously upgraded it

ive got a feeling the car is a wreckers build, as its incredibly immaculate for a 300,000kms car.....i bought it cheap as i could see that all the parts/bolt ons were very new. vin number upgrade was all legitimate
I am going to PM you as couple of ways to proceed from here but firstly need to get a complete read from your vehicle to determine what is what and what parts are in it.

PlenumBiscuit

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Commodore
I am hearing a light tumbling rumbling around the bell housing area when low throttle at 1200 revs

Checked the tail shaft seemed ok

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
I am hearing a light tumbling rumbling around the bell housing area when low throttle at 1200 revs

Checked the tail shaft seemed ok

Drop your trans pan and do a service on it. Cheap insurance and rules out the TC clutch if there is no glitter. Someone on here mentioned that the TC clutch is programmed to have 50rpm of slippage to reduce NVH, which makes it a wear item that needs to be replaced.

uglyoldfatbastard

Reaction score
Members Ride
Someone on here mentioned that the TC clutch is programmed to have 50rpm of slippage to reduce NVH, which makes it a wear item that needs to be replaced.
Actually sort of right they have a variable slip programmed into them depending on gear, speed and if aircon is on or off.
It's actually quite a few tables and a lot of math to work correctly.
The image shows desired slip for 6th gear with aircon off

Attachments

• slip6th.jpg
    slip6th.jpg
    146.1 KB · Views: 28

uglyoldfatbastard

Reaction score
Members Ride
Just to keep thread up to date we have found that the car has a late 2014 LFX engine and trans so we are now checking the HPFP to make sure it is the LFX one and not been changed to the LLT and then on the weekend we are going to read in the ECU, TCM & FSCM and actually see how or what they did to get it to work with a 2011 system. It might be a hodge podge of VIN numbers or it could be they swapped all modules in from a 2014 but either way we can turn off flex fuel and see exactly what is going on without guessing.