Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Which brand fuel do you use?

ucrvme

[UCRVME]
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 Holden VY Berlina
I'm currently a manager of a Mobil service station down in victoria- I don;t wanna sound bias toward the brand i work for but Mobil is the largest fuel company in the world and to make many other comments in this thread redundant - Mobil supplys to Caltex and also supplies many shippments of diesel to shell.

but thats here or there want good fuel - go inside the counter area ask the staff how many shippments of fuel they get a week - if they say one (thats good) if they say twice thats perfect - avoid inderpendants

red truck

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY one tonner / gen3 / 6speed
The Ethanol in fuel is a huge issue at the moment for boat owners. The problem is that ethanol absorbs moisture from the atmosphere. Boats being what they are, sit idle in driveways for months, all the time the fuel is soaking up moisture via the tank breather. The moisture then causes big problems in the outboard motor, corroding metal components. It's well documented, and there are some big law suits in progress in the USA.
Boaters here feel shafted by the soon to be regs. that will leave us no choice but to buy premium fuel.
As far as ethanol in motor vehicles, I don't know of any similar problems, unless the car does not get used much.

veinternational

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE International Dual Fuel
I'm currently a manager of a Mobil service station down in victoria- I don;t wanna sound bias toward the brand i work for but Mobil is the largest fuel company in the world and to make many other comments in this thread redundant - Mobil supplys to Caltex and also supplies many shippments of diesel to shell.

but thats here or there want good fuel - go inside the counter area ask the staff how many shippments of fuel they get a week - if they say one (thats good) if they say twice thats perfect - avoid inderpendants

Biggest company in the world, I do not dispute that but that's strange considering they are currently in the process of shutting down / selling off every outlet in NSW:rip:

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
Biggest company in the world, I do not dispute that but that's strange considering they are currently in the process of shutting down / selling off every outlet in NSW:rip:

Mobil hardly own any outlets in Australia as it is. Most are owned by Strasburger Enterprises, trading as Mobil Quix. There is very little money in the retail side of things. When you make over $46 billion a year, who could blame them for not wanting to be involved in the hassle of the retail outlets.

Since Wesfarmers took over Coles, they have also been looking to offload their service station outlets also, all of the Coles brand Shells. I think it shows that for the hassle it gives these large companies, there just is not enough money in it. I doubt Coles will actually offload though, purely because they would lose market share to Woolworths due to the shopper dockets.

veinternational

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE International Dual Fuel
Mobil hardly own any outlets in Australia as it is. Most are owned by Strasburger Enterprises, trading as Mobil Quix. There is very little money in the retail side of things. When you make over $46 billion a year, who could blame them for not wanting to be involved in the hassle of the retail outlets.

Since Wesfarmers took over Coles, they have also been looking to offload their service station outlets also, all of the Coles brand Shells. I think it shows that for the hassle it gives these large companies, there just is not enough money in it. I doubt Coles will actually offload though, purely because they would lose market share to Woolworths due to the shopper dockets.

Fair enough, I had forgot about the Quix part, here in Gosford NSW we HAD 3 mobile servo's with no Quix and in the last 12 months 2 have shut down only one remains. of the two that have shut down one has just been demolished and the other remains boarded up.:rip:

the collector

the collector
Reaction score
Members Ride
rodeo dual cab
fuel

bp ultimate only
both dailys
drag car
lawn mower
wipper snipper
blower