Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Who has the best 98 RON Fuel

Which do you use and why?

• BP

Votes: 74 62.2%
  • Mobil

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Caltex

Votes: 12 10.1%
  • Shell

Votes: 20 16.8%
  • 7-Eleven

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • United

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • Metro

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Other

Votes: 2 1.7%

• Total voters

OzTurtle

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II Redline
+1 for the BP 98.

On a side note, still petrol related, how long can premium sit in a tank before fouling up? I'm in the lucky position of picking up a VF2 Redline (with W375) next week, and it is a weekend car. As such I'll only be putting on 100-150km per week, so a tank might last 4-5 weeks. Will it be better to half fill more often, or will the fuel still be alright coming into 5 weeks in the tank?
Cheers.

revster

Reaction score
Members Ride
30th Anniversary HSV Senator (Gone) MY19 Golf R
+1 for the BP 98.

On a side note, still petrol related, how long can premium sit in a tank before fouling up? I'm in the lucky position of picking up a VF2 Redline (with W375) next week, and it is a weekend car. As such I'll only be putting on 100-150km per week, so a tank might last 4-5 weeks. Will it be better to half fill more often, or will the fuel still be alright coming into 5 weeks in the tank?
Cheers.

It should be perfectly fine. How long do you think it is storage or transport before you get it. I seldom run less than half a tank but I am on E85.

VinnieLS3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Commodore SSV Redline
Filled up with Costco's 98 today for the first time.. runs just as good as the BP98 that was in it before and at $1.28 I was very happy...especially when BP had regular 91 at a $1.34

Noeleter

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEII Equipe Sportwagon
Filled up with Costco's 98 today for the first time.. runs just as good as the BP98 that was in it before and at $1.28 I was very happy...especially when BP had regular 91 at a $1.34

Have found Costco fuels to be very good. Also most of their sites are fairly new so there is little chance of contamination. Price also tends to stay low consistently when everyone else's varies widely.

OzTurtle

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II Redline
Cheers Revster;
Once produced, I assume the fuel is stored in relatively air tight containers, unlike the fuel tank on the commodore which should have a breather, or expansion release once the gases inside the tank build up too much. So will the fuel foul up due to air/contaminates entering the tank after a few weeks, to a month?

crazywog

XR6 TURBO KING
Reaction score
Members Ride
XR6 TURBO she needs a tissue achoo
costco 98? here in melbourne i dont think we have any can someone share some light on this please?

VinnieLS3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Commodore SSV Redline
costco 98? here in melbourne i dont think we have any can someone share some light on this please?

Not sure about Melbourne as I'm in Adelaide but I'd assume there would be a costco fuel in Melbourne.. I think the 98 is the red pump..

Noeleter

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEII Equipe Sportwagon
BP98. They refine it down the road. Fresh as baked bread

True in WA. In the rest of the country if you buy BP it will be coming from another refinery or imported.