Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Who says Price rises are all about V8's

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
Last edited:

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
It's just an Acclaim it's nothing overly special. If it was a Calais it still wouldn't really be worth $6k not a V6 one, it's not even SC....

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I wouldn't mind the bonnet and guards off it. Save me having to paint mine one day due to the stone chips.....

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
Just because he's asking $6500 doesn't mean he'll get it. Every seller factors in some wiggle room in their price.

He might take $5000 for it, and looking at the one pic of it in this thread (ad is no longer on scumtree) it may very well be worth it, all else being equal. Or he might be firm at $6k in which case he'll likely struggle to move it.

Whiteshark68

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina Series II
Sorry to derail the thread but that graysonline auction is for what is just about a GTHO Phase IV just in case nobody knew that fact it is one of 121 XA GT two doors built with the RPO 83 build code.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Being where it is located, perhaps he was/is on some really nice greenery....

Nice and clean yes, but $6,500, the wiggle room would have to come down around the 3 to 4 mark....And I'm the first to admit, I don't have a great idea on the pricing of this era commodore

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
That Acclaim is identical to the one my daughter had.
It was a really nice car, reliable ........ until the Newcastle 'Pasha Bulka' storm, got flood damaged, was badly repaired by NRMA insurance sub- sub contractors, blew the auto six months later, suffered all sorts of electrical problems, terminal rust, then failed inspection, traded for $500 in 2013.
As for the $6,500 asking price, dunno, but if someone wants a VS, has the money, is willing to pay that, why not ? 1n 2025, the price could be a bargain $15,000.

As for the Falcon RPO83 / Ph4 Hardtop, ( stored for 30 years on a dirt floor, the floor pan could be just about non-existant ) $300K + auction fee + unknown restoration costs + head bang problems = :eek: ??.

With my huge jackpot Lotto winnings, I would much rather buy a restored HDRT Monaro, or road worthy, registered Ph3 HO.

Vin999

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSedanS
That Acclaim is identical to the one my daughter had.
It was a really nice car, reliable ........ until the Newcastle 'Pasha Bulka' storm, got flood damaged, was badly repaired by NRMA insurance sub- sub contractors, blew the auto six months later, suffered all sorts of electrical problems, terminal rust, then failed inspection, traded for $500 in 2013.
As for the $6,500 asking price, dunno, but if someone wants a VS, has the money, is willing to pay that, why not ? 1n 2025, the price could be a bargain $15,000.

As for the Falcon RPO83 / Ph4 Hardtop, ( stored for 30 years on a dirt floor, the floor pan could be just about non-existant ) $300K + auction fee + unknown restoration costs + head bang problems = :eek: ??.

With my huge jackpot Lotto winnings, I would much rather buy a restored HDRT Monaro, or road worthy, registered Ph3 HO.
Yer the falcon was show cased by Russell Ingal on youtube a while back, apparently was going to included in the farm sale until someone was alerted to the fact not many done and worth some case, But yes it showed the boot floot was trashed/swiss cheese and other places by rod ney's best friend @ rust :eek:

RWD4ever

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS3 ute
It's just an Acclaim it's nothing overly special. If it was a Calais it still wouldn't really be worth $6k not a V6 one, it's not even SC....
Actually the Acclaim was a good model - IRS, ABS, airbags - stuff you can't retrofit. Just found the advert: 179,000 km is not worth $6500. Maybe if it had less than 100,000 km. Also says no aircon - that is surprising.