Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Why Chevy badges on SS's (not a trolling topic please read)

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
HTs were never hold as Chevrolets anywhere else afaik whereas VTs through to current VEs are sold in Saudi as Chevrolet Luminas.

So technically they are Chevrolets in another part of the world so its not a complete lie when we put chevy badges on them.

cashie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V
Each to their own, but I think we should be proud of our Aussie cars!!
No Chev badges for my Australian designed and built car (with a Mexican engine)....

Mrk_Mickey

Reaction score
Members Ride
SV6 ute series ll
I'd prefer no badges to any because it's so nice and clean, but the only reason I would put a chevy badge on my ute (even though I would only do it for a V8, which I don't have) is because I like the look of the chrome and colour-coded blue ones.

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
I wonder how many HT Brougham owners wanted chevy badges as they had a 307 Chevy motor, lol. I just saw the Cruise For Charity 7 DVD and the majority of the cars had Chevy badges on them. Surely 1200 wrongs make a right! The cops can use the chevy badge to identy commodore owners who have made mods to their car? lol BTW: The guys on the Ford forum are tearing Commodore owners apart for what they think is an identity chrisis. My 2 cents.....the chevy badge is way more cooler than the giant chrome lion which also adorned barinas, cruise's, frontera's, camira's and some other great (tongue in check) models Holden put there logo on over the years. I buy a V8, I spend bucks on exhaust systems and a re-tune why not let the average Aussie know it is 'chevy' tough.

Have to say... not a top-flight argument. Chevy have released more than their share of **** cars - and a lot more than Holden has (mainly because they've released more cars.. I'm sure, given the opportunity, holden could get their quota of **** up quick smart!)

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
I too would prefer badgeless but the holes left in the boot prevent that, and the standard grille without the badge looks ridiculous, and I love the chrome accents on the chev grille.

So I painted mine black so they dont stand out at all, better than holes.

RUF-60L

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE SS
this is good banter guys :) nice to a have resonably mature debate on the matter for once, rather then full blown trolling

Thesickness86

Thesickness86
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 Ve ute
Debadged my ute. My opinion, it looks much cleaner

shadetreemechanic

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR v6
Guy who mentioned the Camaro on page 1 is right...technically you could put a chev badge on on a SV6 by that same reasoning (the engine in the camaro v6 is the SIDI 3.6L)

Overall it doesn't matter since all these engines/chassis are built on a Global platform nowadays and GM can go to any country and release it with any badge it likes...

So really its just a novelty to have these badges on the car. We know the Saudis are putting Holden badges on their Chevs too (due to influence of the V8 Supercars)

What would really suck is if people went and stuck HSV badges on stock commies...or SS badges on v6