Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Why delivery of some VF models is so slow

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
The following may give some solace to those waiting delivery of their new VF:

Holdenwheels_zps07aa19ab.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

What a joke. Shippping wheels @ $800 odd each when the ROH factory is local and made wheels without issue for years. I see the problem is having management from overseas. Full of fail in my book. Plenty of aussie people could run the show at Holdens and do a better job.

All too soon you will only be able to buy a great wall minibus with 50 airbags and 7 star rating in white. Glad I'm taking up walking and public transport :)

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
What a joke. Shippping wheels @ $800 odd each when the ROH factory is local and made wheels without issue for years. I see the problem is having management from overseas. Full of fail in my book. Plenty of aussie people could run the show at Holdens and do a better job.

All too soon you will only be able to buy a great wall minibus with 50 airbags and 7 star rating in white. Glad I'm taking up walking and public transport :)

Holden is 100% managed in Australia. This is directly opposite to both Ford and Toyota who need approval from Detroit/Tokyo to even take a dump on Monday mornings. Overall I'd say Mark Deveraux and Mark Royce have been the best CEO's Holden have had since Hannenburger who was a true visionary. One dud that deserves special mention is Denny Mooney who took what was one of *the* best export sales teams in the world and saved a fortune by replacing them with a rabble of interns and 1st year advertising graduates. We have seen what has happened to Holden's export program ever since :(

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
What a joke. Shippping wheels @ $800 odd each when the ROH factory is local and made wheels without issue for years.

Do you really think Holden are paying $800/set for wheel shipping? Thats the airfreight cost. All the production stuff will be done by sea, much much cheaper.

Freestyla

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V Redoine
So are these imported wheels going to make the turnaround time any quicker for those waiting for Redlines?

I'm not doing well with the wait and I'm sure others are just as frustrated, is it just the wheels holding up the production?

Are there a bunch of VF's on stumps waiting for the wheels at the Holden factory or they can't proceed with production until they arrive??

Come on, I want the damn car!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

ashbox

back in black
Reaction score
Members Ride
something black
it proabably is just the wheels...

I drive past the factoy everyday and I can say its been a very long time since ive seen the car park full of vehicles ready for delivery...
granted yes, some of them are cruzes, hsv's and export vehicles but non the less.. the car park is virtually full

loopie

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx
All off holdens batteries up too 12 months ago were made here in sa. Exide sold the Australia business too Ramcar automotive group trading as Marshal power. NOW some off them LN3 LN4 are commeing in from overseas,,, Its was funny how this happened ,, the contract was up for renewal exide wanted more per unit, gmh said no price increase, exide usa says we are selling up , suddenly we have the contract renewed, then we find out exide has new buyer ramcar from the phillipines SUPER cheap brand
THE problem any company that buys oem parts from overseas is lead time,, yes the manufacture can make extra in a couple off days, but then must get it here normally 2 months (shipping) containers,,, that's why they are flying them in. About 7 yrs ago gmh wanted all there suppliers too be based within 5 kilometres from there plant, the government gave /sold land near the raaf base they developed a rail system and roadways,, built factories. Then gmh pulls the plug and says #### you we are going too buy overseas,,

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
What a crock. By the time that article was written and published, the wheels would have landed and been delivered to the factory. "shorten the 3 month waiting list", yeah, by about 2 days.

loopie

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx
something ive discussed with the ACCC, Australian made products what a crock of ****, we assemble a battery and charge it, 40% overseas parts but its still allowed too be called /labelled Australian made,,, so labelling laws are a sham..

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
something ive discussed with the ACCC, Australian made products what a crock of ****, we assemble a battery and charge it, 40% overseas parts but its still allowed too be called /labelled Australian made,,, so labelling laws are a sham..

No they aren't. It's labelled "made in Australia", which it is. It's not a battery until it's assembled. You can even say it's 100% Australian made, not "manufactured in Australia" though. Not a lot of products out there that have all Australian made components and raw materials made here. Do you think the only things that can be labelled "Australian made" have their raw materials mined, refined and then fabricated and assembled here?

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
Here's another newspaper article relating to wheels for new vehicles. I know it mentions Toyota but it also mentions Holden. Thought it might make interesting reading as a follow-on frfom the opening article:

WheelsToyota_zps691f42b9.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Source: Advertiser SA (State Edition) Friday 04 October 2013