Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Why does the VN sound like a vacuum cleaner?

VT&VX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim
why does the Vn V6 Buick sound like it has emphysema, or like its trying to imitate a vacuum cleaner?
So you are saying your car SUCKS?

....because car stereo is on a low volume setting, you just need to turn volume UP to NORMAL
:mad::confused::cool:

Last edited:

Brettly-2008

Reaction score
Members Ride
SS Commodore - Ford Territory ... both camps
Getting back to the OP, my lasting memory of the VN S1 I owned was a gasp of air every time I shut it down but at all other times it just sounded like an engine. V6s tend to have a rasp at higher revs (especially chain-driven 90-degree V6s) as opposed to a 'note' but relating this to a vacuum cleaner is a bit rich.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Executive S Pac...(S for sexy)
I have a VN v6 motor in my vacume cleaner cause I have a lot of pets and I heard dyson were bad... ..

Put a ford sticker on it, it will suck more ;)

No vacuum sound when bouncing it off rev limiter brah...just mang mang mang mangggggg

Just manging down the highway...
Second gear doin 120

Dude, your dyson is broken. Mine is a million times better than the jag i had before it.

Damnit.... i thought dyson was the best... :cry:

Being a bad car wouldn’t make it sound like a vacuum, have a listen to the turbo charged Mustang, it sounds like my leaf blower

Haha rip Mustang... but then the turbocharged are only 4 cylinder sooo who would want one of those

because car stereo is on a low volume setting, you just need to turn volume UP to NORMAL
:mad::confused::cool:

I have better things to listen to than the stereo... like the mild exhaust it has

Getting back to the OP, my lasting memory of the VN S1 I owned was a gasp of air every time I shut it down but at all other times it just sounded like an engine. V6s tend to have a rasp at higher revs (especially chain-driven 90-degree V6s) as opposed to a 'note' but relating this to a vacuum cleaner is a bit rich.

So this "vacuum cleaner" is the car running rich?
Oh the gasp as it dies, I love it

VPRob

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP executive sedan V6
Check for holes in the intake tract .

One serious answer in all that (entertaining) mix. A loose/misaligned join on the intake side makes a shirtload of noise that, I suppose might sound like some vacuum cleaners

Reaction score
Members Ride
One serious answer in all that (entertaining) mix. A loose/misaligned join on the intake side makes a shirtload of noise that, I suppose might sound like some vacuum cleaners

Funny you say that, because yesterday I put a stock air filter on it, instead of those cone ones, and the vacuum noise went away

Brettly-2008

Reaction score
Members Ride
SS Commodore - Ford Territory ... both camps
Funny you say that, because yesterday I put a stock air filter on it, instead of those cone ones, and the vacuum noise went away

So hang on, you had a pod filter on this thing and you didn't think for a minute that it was the stupid (likely cheap) after market filter causing it to sound like a vacuum? Instead you posted here? The cheap pod filter is why your V6 sounds like a vacuum. And that's why Holden or anyone else wasn't silly enough to fit one as standard equipment.

Reaction score
Members Ride
So hang on, you had a pod filter on this thing and you didn't think for a minute that it was the stupid (likely cheap) after market filter causing it to sound like a vacuum? Instead you posted here? The cheap pod filter is why your V6 sounds like a vacuum. And that's why Holden or anyone else wasn't silly enough to fit one as standard equipment.

... nice theory butttttttttttttt
I have a VN motor in a EK Panelvan and is breaths like nothing else, and for some unrelated reason i put the more standard filter on it from a VN Wagon.... and guess what. It still breaths like nothing else
So you can take your stupid theory, reclall all your E-Mails to the pod filter companys telling them that their cheap crappy filters make cars sound like vacuums,and leave
Kthxbai