Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Will a 2005 VZ engine fit in a 2006 VE?

spudymatt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore Omega 2006
Hi everyone,

I was just wondering if anyone knew if a 2005 Alloytec VZ V6 engine would have any problems replacing a 2006 VE Alloytec V6 Omega engine?
If there were any modifications to be made what would they be?
Thanking you in advance

Matt :)

mc.

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve berlina
Legally, i don't think you can fit an older model engine into a car, it has to be at least that same year or above. Don't quote me on that though.

WHITESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE SSV
You probly can but im pretty sure the have a little less power if my memory is correct but you would no dought have to change the computer as well as so hoses may be in different spots etc would be a little easier ith a ve engine

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
If the engine type is not the same (yes there are a few variants) the engine will not start. I've been told first hand with a person that fitted up 3 VZ engines before they got it right. Fitst 2 failed to start.

So if the engine prefix is the same you would be able to make it go I guess.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
There is a difference in the shape of the sump, and may cause fitment issues.

spudymatt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore Omega 2006
No worries, thanks for the helpful replies everyone :)

AndrewM61

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY CREWMAN
Hi everyone,

I was just wondering if anyone knew if a 2005 Alloytec VZ V6 engine would have any problems replacing a 2006 VE Alloytec V6 Omega engine?
If there were any modifications to be made what would they be?
Thanking you in advance

Matt :)
I just done one and all runs fine same power as the old 195Hp VE engine and all is legal
You must change ex manifolds engine mounts knock out plug to fit oil dip stick before sump go's back on VZ in sump VE in block use VE wiring loom water intake filler VE inlet top, take rocker covers off to change plates on front of inlet cams VVT I use a screwdriver to pry off and a socket to hit back on make sure to take note were located to put back the same and use the 2 cam angle sensors from the VE and reverse to fit VE to VZ but puts back to 190Hp

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
Here you go, everything you need to know about vehicle modifications in Victoria contained in the attached PDF:

Attachments

• Vehicle modifications Victoria.pdf
    125.3 KB · Views: 464

5ky3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
I just done one and all runs fine same power as the old 195Hp VE engine and all is legal
You must change ex manifolds engine mounts knock out plug to fit oil dip stick before sump go's back on VZ in sump VE in block use VE wiring loom water intake filler VE inlet top, take rocker covers off to change plates on front of inlet cams VVT I use a screwdriver to pry off and a socket to hit back on make sure to take note were located to put back the same and use the 2 cam angle sensors from the VE and reverse to fit VE to VZ but puts back to 190Hp
So I’m wanting to do the same thing right now. Manual box and alloytec out of 05 VZ into auto 06 Ve Omega. Is that like a big **** around or?