Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Will Kia Stinger really flog an SS?

Would you be happier in a KIA?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VT s2 Exec, VX Calais II L67
Yeah ima subscriba is how I got the inside goss about a month ago.

Yep, some of the best TV on the web from that bunch. I'm a huge Roadkill fan.

Daniel Souza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Wagon SSV Redline
Just met my first stinger on the M1 on my way back to Sydney.
The guy had the window down so I bulied him with my nice V8 VF2 exhaust note. And that was when I stopped smiling. This freaking Kia is fast , the stock LS3 had no chance.

dessy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VFII SSV Redline Sedan & 2014 VW Golf R
Just met my first stinger on the M1 on my way back to Sydney.
The guy had the window down so I bulied him with my nice V8 VF2 exhaust note. And that was when I stopped smiling. This freaking Kia is fast , the stock LS3 had no chance.

What?? You mean those youtube videos comparing the speed of Kia vs SS from a few months back were not rigged and the journalists did not take a pocket full of cash from Kia? Well I never would have believed it :)

Mick06 svz

Reaction score
Members Ride
06 vz svz 3.5l alloytec
I really don’t see how surprising it is for a 6 cyl twin turbo be quicker then a v8 from factory. I remember in the 90’s watching 300zx z32’s 3.0ltr dett motors, missing gears on stock motor floging the 5.0. But good job by Holden keeping respectful times.

Holden17

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 SV6 ute/MY17 LMF SS wagon
So what? There’s plenty of hot hatches that would also leave my wagon in their wake at the lights...but I challenge any of them to load 5 adults and as much gear as I can fit in my wagon ....no contest, because they’ll still be left pointlessly trying to load their hatch/fastback while I’m 100km away....which is the reason I have mine; powerful, comfortable holiday cruiser without need to tow a trailer and a great sound track to boot....horses for courses.

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
Dude there’s no science to this, just opinion. And that’s OK.
Never seen one of the fat POS on the road yet, will report with some vids and data (coz yous know my opinion).

Mick06 svz

Reaction score
Members Ride
06 vz svz 3.5l alloytec
Haha relax mate, I do understand the difference between a family built car and small sized sports car

Holden17

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 SV6 ute/MY17 LMF SS wagon
Haha relax mate, I do understand the difference between a family built car and small sized sports car
Not sure if you were responding to my “so what?” Mick but it wasn’t aimed at you or anyone else....just a generic rhetorical question...as I say, horses for courses but if it’s solely straight line, pure speed anyone is after then there will always be someone who can go faster

Mick06 svz

Reaction score
Members Ride
06 vz svz 3.5l alloytec
Not sure if you were responding to my “so what?” Mick but it wasn’t aimed at you or anyone else....just a generic rhetorical question...as I say, horses for courses but if it’s solely straight line, pure speed anyone is after then there will always be someone who can go faster
Oh sorry my bad, just looked like you were. Do carry on sir :)