Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Will Kia Stinger really flog an SS?

Would you be happier in a KIA?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Just met my first stinger on the M1 on my way back to Sydney.
The guy had the window down so I bulied him with my nice V8 VF2 exhaust note. And that was when I stopped smiling. This freaking Kia is fast , the stock LS3 had no chance.
Give him a handicap. Attach trailers to both vehicles, and go for it!

Hmmm, hang on, Stingers cant tow...

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
And surely Daniel wasnt giving it everything it had, didnt want to break any of those paper rockers the LS3 has.
;)

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Dude there’s no science to this, just opinion. And that’s OK.
Never seen one of the fat POS on the road yet, will report with some vids and data (coz yous know my opinion).
I saw one the other day, parked at a dealership. The side view and rear looked fugly IMO. Remided me of a Porsche Panamera. UGLY! It's interesting, because l thought they looked ok in pics. Just not my cup of tea in the flesh.

Holden17

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 SV6 ute/MY17 LMF SS wagon
I saw one the other day, parked at a dealership. The side view and rear looked fugly IMO. Remided me of a Porsche Panamera. UGLY! It's interesting, because l thought they looked ok in pics. Just not my cup of tea in the flesh.
First one I saw was probably the first Sunday after they were released back in early December - roads were very quiet, I was out of my car when I saw a lonely blue one coming towards me...recognised it immediately but wasn’t sure what to make of it so was waiting to see another in the wild. Had to wait until last Saturday when I saw a white one from behind going our way on the highway...pointed it out to the Mrs...we were both very underwhelmed as it looked narrow and smallish overall, the rear lights across the back looked like something from VT Commodore days when lots of red reflector was the go. Assume it was top of range as you could see red Brembos as we passed it in the outside lane.
I think it is because most of the pics I’ve seen are taken from closer, lower down which makes it look larger & muscular. Yet in the metal it looks whimpish (IMO) & nondescript for such a hefty (without being obviously weighty) thing.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
First one I saw was probably the first Sunday after they were released back in early December - roads were very quiet, I was out of my car when I saw a lonely blue one coming towards me...recognised it immediately but wasn’t sure what to make of it so was waiting to see another in the wild. Had to wait until last Saturday when I saw a white one from behind going our way on the highway...pointed it out to the Mrs...we were both very underwhelmed as it looked narrow and smallish overall, the rear lights across the back looked like something from VT Commodore days when lots of red reflector was the go. Assume it was top of range as you could see red Brembos as we passed it in the outside lane.
I think it is because most of the pics I’ve seen are taken from closer, lower down which makes it look larger & muscular. Yet in the metal it looks whimpish (IMO) & nondescript for such a hefty (without being obviously weighty) thing.
Yes, I agree. Anything but muscular looking.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
And with all the hype, mug punters are paying full price for them...
Make V8 Commodores look like great value...

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
And with all the hype, mug punters are paying full price for them...
... which could of course be because they’re a nice bit of kit.

Make V8 Commodores look like great value...
Umm ... yeah, that could be because V8 Commodores were great value!
Mind you, you can still buy a 2018 Stinger.
Closest you can get to a 2018 Commodore is a $90k Camaro. Unless you count the Liberty-esque thing with the Commodore badges (but then - who does?).

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
H

harrop.senator

Bugger 90k for a Camaro they're not that speciak. Spend 70 get a pro stock gen 1 or 2 with all the modern gear and a corolla for a daily .

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VT s2 Exec, VX Calais II L67
Seems like the Stinger isn't getting a lot of traction then?

Fairly sure my local Holden stealership still has a lot of (real) Commodores on the lot, will have to see if I can spy a stinger next time I pass by.