Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Will Kia Stinger really flog an SS?

Would you be happier in a KIA?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Seems like the Stinger isn't getting a lot of traction then?
I haven't seen a lot of them around at all.
Seems to me, then, that Redline money is still too much for a KIA, regardless of it's attributes?
Looks like there are a heap of (new) Stingers on CarSales.
Mind you, also looks like there are the same number of new V8 Commodores.

Holden17

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 SV6 ute/MY17 LMF SS wagon
I haven't seen a lot of them around at all.
Seems to me, then, that Redline money is still too much for a KIA, regardless of it's attributes?
Looks like there are a heap of (new) Stingers on CarSales.
Mind you, also looks like there are the same number of new V8 Commodores.
Only 130 Stingers registered for all of Oz in December due to supply issues which would explain why they are currently hard to spot on the road...obviously this will change.

Nevertheless after seeing a couple Stingers on the road i’d be racing into Holden, if I was in the market, for a V8 while there’s still some around.

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
No denying they are quick, let's see how reliable they are. I've been flogging my VZ for 250,000kms and it still goes hard. Won't be surprised if these things are falling apart at 45k.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
If they follow the pattern of other Hyundai stuff in the last 5 (up to 10?) years, they’ll be more reliable than Commodores. Hyundkia is kinda the new Toyota ... Toyota even made a couple of interesting cars, once, in the mid 80’s.

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Reliable on non performance cars yes, the Stinger is a different story.

dessy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VFII SSV Redline Sedan & 2014 VW Golf R
Like them or not I reckon the more performance orientated cars available to the public the better. Creates more enthusiasts, more insurance options, more aftermarket support, more political power etc. I love the fact we live in an era of so many 'affordable' and diverse performance cars, hot hatches, fast euros, American muscle, AWD, RWD, FWD, I will have one of each please!

Holden17

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 SV6 ute/MY17 LMF SS wagon
If they follow the pattern of other Hyundai stuff in the last 5 (up to 10?) years, they’ll be more reliable than Commodores. Hyundkia is kinda the new Toyota ... Toyota even made a couple of interesting cars, once, in the mid 80’s.
Well my brother has had way more issues with his leased KIA over its 3yrs (battery constantly draining, infotainment system needed replacing, passenger belt buckle rubbed a hole in the ‘leather’ - KIA didn’t want to know about it even tho the seat was rarely used, all 4 tyres had cracks in the walls after 2yrs/35k - again, sorry we know they are rubbish tyres but that’s what are fitted etc) as compared to our 9yo VE & 2 VFs combined.

EternityDre

Reaction score
Members Ride
MSE #385
I was at the tennis yesterday and they have a base model Stinger on display (with some stupid Rafa pack with a yellow and red stickers). I think it looks great in person. What surprised me was how nice the interior was given it was the cheapest model. The leather was really soft and nice, the seats have more bolstering than my MSE, the steering wheel has nice soft leather and is a good size. In general the interior quality is miles ahead of Commodore. There's plenty of spots with cheap AF plastic in my MSE and I didn't see any of that in the base Stinger. Apparently the expensive twin-turbo model is even nicer inside.

I'm not in the market for a turbo automatic but as I've said previously, it's great someone else is offering a valid RWD option. The Stinger is super nice for the money and I'd consider it if it actually suited what I wanted.

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
I was at the tennis yesterday and they have a base model Stinger on display (with some stupid Rafa pack with a yellow and red stickers). I think it looks great in person. What surprised me was how nice the interior was given it was the cheapest model. The leather was really soft and nice, the seats have more bolstering than my MSE, the steering wheel has nice soft leather and is a good size. In general the interior quality is miles ahead of Commodore. There's plenty of spots with cheap AF plastic in my MSE and I didn't see any of that in the base Stinger. Apparently the expensive twin-turbo model is even nicer inside.

I'm not in the market for a turbo automatic but as I've said previously, it's great someone else is offering a valid RWD option. The Stinger is super nice for the money and I'd consider it if it actually suited what I wanted.
According to the response to the media party, the twin turbo Stinger will outsell the SS.
That will be interesting, hard act to follow.