Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Will Kia Stinger really flog an SS?

Would you be happier in a KIA?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

KT11H

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline Ute
My ute has been "vaccinated" against being flog by Stinger. I installed a "performance pack" last week.:D

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
My ute has been "vaccinated" against being flog by Stinger. I installed a "performance pack" last week.:D
Doesn’t matter if Stinger or Barra turbo, I built my immunity.

KT11H

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline Ute
How's it going KT11H?
Took it back to the workshop today to have it "retuned" and stopped the vibration from the exhaust touching the gearbox. Now it is less noisy and much smoother, excellent services from the workshop, even they were very busy, still made time to fix the niggles.

Daniel Souza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Wagon SSV Redline
I gotta vaccinate my self. I am still a bit depressed. Maybe I had the A/C on or shifted too early.
I wasn't overtaken however I couldn't see his head lights all the way.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
I gotta vaccinate my self. I am still a bit depressed. Maybe I had the A/C on or shifted too early.
I wasn't overtaken however I couldn't see his head lights all the way.
Time for a boost-er shot?

Phawk

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF11 SSV Redline
Not interested in the Kia, if you have a VF11 then you have the last of the bunch, Stinger is the new generation of course it's going to be "Better" than the SS they wouldn't build one that wasn't, Commodore is gone, every car made from now on is going to get better, does it matter to me? CGAF to be honest, I love my Redline and its a keeper.

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
Not interested in the Kia, if you have a VF11 then you have the last of the bunch, Stinger is the new generation of course it's going to be "Better" than the SS they wouldn't build one that wasn't, Commodore is gone, every car made from now on is going to get better, does it matter to me? CGAF to be honest, I love my Redline and its a keeper.
So true, VF is a likable dinosaur but still a dinosaur

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
If they follow the pattern of other Hyundai stuff in the last 5 (up to 10?) years, they’ll be more reliable than Commodores. Hyundkia is kinda the new Toyota ... Toyota even made a couple of interesting cars, once, in the mid 80’s.

maybe , but Hyundai is or was , known to fabricate their reliability reports , for a first attempt at performance car the Stinger is a good effort from a company that usually makes sponge cake 4x4's and cars .