Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

will this work?

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
Get a decent battery to power the system and decent amp ..

Cheap subs with a decent amp will sound MAD .. cheap amp with $$$ subs will sound BAD .

it is worse to under power your speakers / subs than over power them
If he runs the stereo while driving, the battery has very little effect on the stereo. If he runs the stereo with the car off, then a high capacity battery is worth while.

I disagree with the cheap subs and good amp comment. An amplifier amplifies a signal, all amps do it, if they don't they're faulty. As long as they have a good honest power rating, they're fine. Whereas a speaker has a lot more to it, they all sound different, require different enclosures, are more/less efficient which all affects how they sound. I'd definitely recommend a cheap amp with honest power ratings and a more expensive sub, if you couldn't afford a good amp.

troykinsvt

yes i like fibreglassing
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
i have a 640 cca battery ,deep cell i think ..... so im fine, and have a 120 amp alternator instead of standard 90 amp.
ill get a 4 f battery cap too, might aswell ,

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
i have a 640 cca battery ,deep cell i think ..... so im fine, and have a 120 amp alternator instead of standard 90 amp.

Your the person car audio shops dream about. You buy into needing all sorts of unnecessary things.

troykinsvt

yes i like fibreglassing
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
havent bought any lol, had the battery at home from the soarer ,thought my alternator busted so bought that one for 90 bucks reco'd and a capacitor because on hot days with subs going the car tends to lose power when the fans come on at the same time, so the cap can store a lil bit of power while the fans kick in so the car doesnt die.... and IMO i think they look neat on a decent setup.......its only 70 bucks....

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
CCA means sweet FA for a stereo. Ah is the important rating if you're running the stereo with the car off.

Buy better audio equipment, not batt-caps.