Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Will tune fix running lean problem

xsz.sv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore SV6 S1
Around the time I got my aftermarket empire performance muffler deletes put on I started getting codes on my obd2 scanner telling me that the car was running lean in both banks. this lean running can be noticed when driving in the normal shift drive with engine hesitation happening constantly, but when I shift into sport shift, it is barley ever noticeable.

I first thought it was a fuel pump or something but now seeing that the exhaust is the only aftermarket part on the car, could a tune fix my problem?

Cheers

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
Possibly, did you have the O2 sensors out?

gossie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE International 3.6L
Why not just put it back to how it was and stop wasting money and annoying your next door neighbors with unnecessary noise.

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
Why not just put it back to how it was and stop wasting money and annoying your next door neighbors with unnecessary noise.

Maybe he likes to play with his car, like 99% of people on this forum, unlike you who just complains and never actually helps with issues in 99% of your replies, you must be a fun guy at parties

Last edited by a moderator:

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
Better send your Commodore to the wreckers then. Pretty sure they don’t make Holden branded oil filters anymore so you’ve got a non genuine part on it!

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
Around the time I got my aftermarket empire performance muffler deletes put on I started getting codes on my obd2 scanner telling me that the car was running lean in both banks. this lean running can be noticed when driving in the normal shift drive with engine hesitation happening constantly, but when I shift into sport shift, it is barley ever noticeable.

I first thought it was a fuel pump or something but now seeing that the exhaust is the only aftermarket part on the car, could a tune fix my problem?

Cheers
Changing exhaust or intake components can affect the tune. Realistically you should get it dyno tuned anyway to make the most of the exhaust. If you want to do any other intake or exhaust mods then make sure you do them before you get it tuned otherwise your back to square one if you substantially change anything down the track.

xsz.sv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore SV6 S1
Changing exhaust or intake components can affect the tune. Realistically you should get it dyno tuned anyway to make the most of the exhaust. If you want to do any other intake or exhaust mods then make sure you do them before you get it tuned otherwise your back to square one if you substantially change anything down the track.
disconnected the battery for an hour and engine light went away and no codes are showing up, took it for a test drive and its not hesitating at all. will check up on it for the next few days incase it comes back, must have restarted itself.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY

I've put a sports exhaust on my VC, so I can annoy my neighbour......That prick has a V8 Foulcan that he revs flat out for 10 minutes just about every weekend.....So I get great pleasure annoying the crap out of him at 7 A.M when I fire my VC up....

Oh and he was revving his POS before I put the new motor and exhaust system in my VC, so pay back is a bitch