Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Will ZB be the end of GM in Australia

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Yeah im pretty sure Ford improved the engine with the introduction of the AU, even though it was still a grey top AFAIK. Yeah amount of trouble i had with the EF wasnt funny. Three blown HGs in five years. Mine actually had a warped block.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
The barra engine, as it is known as, was introduced in the BA range of Falcons and continued right upto the FGX....What the differences are between the pre BA engine and BA onwards, I don't know

Great taxi engines...

Zehq

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF2 SV6 Black
Pre-Barra's are SOHC and Barra's are DOHC.

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
maybe if we go to the Ford forums they might be chatting about Holdens ??

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Yeah im pretty sure Ford improved the engine with the introduction of the AU, even though it was still a grey top AFAIK. Yeah amount of trouble i had with the EF wasnt funny. Three blown HGs in five years. Mine actually had a warped block.

I had a AU Fairmont Ghia for a while waaaaaaay back when they were new. Went like stink and was a car you could very much wring it's neck with a very rewarding experience. Also had a BA Ghia which was similar as well. Of the 2, tbh I liked the AU better. As a car it had way more character IMO

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
I had a AU Fairmont Ghia for a while waaaaaaay back when they were new. Went like stink and was a car you could very much wring it's neck with a very rewarding experience. Also had a BA Ghia which was similar as well. Of the 2, tbh I liked the AU better. As a car it had way more character IMO

Pity it copped a beating with the ugly stick.

hiker

Reaction score
Members Ride
statesman vs series 3
I was looking through the motoring section of Saturdays Paper,while there were many ads for Astra's, Colorado's,Equinoxes etc there was not one ad for the ZB. No wonder GMH aren't selling any when the public doesn't even know that these vehicles exist.Is the marketing department sitting around with their heads up their collective posteriors? I have always believed that when times are tough "advertise,advertise,advertise".

wetwork65

A wet business
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Wagon & VF SV6 Wagon
I was looking through the motoring section of Saturdays Paper,while there were many ads for Astra's, Colorado's,Equinoxes etc there was not one ad for the ZB. No wonder GMH aren't selling any when the public doesn't even know that these vehicles exist.Is the marketing department sitting around with their heads up their collective posteriors? I have always believed that when times are tough "advertise,advertise,advertise".
It's like the Falcon toward the end of days. No advertising.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Reaper, being a Fairmont Ghia, wouldn't you have had the Tickford rather than a grey top? Tickfords are good six cyl engines, far superior to any version of the grey top.