Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Windsreen with HUD , Distorted vision and double vision

greggnleah

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VF sv6 wagon 2005 VZ LX6 Adventra
Isn’t the HUD film only in a small area? @greggnleah, do you see double from the passenger side, or rear seat?
Try some polarised sunnies in the passenger seat and see what effect that has.
Yep it seems to be a line across the whole screen , this would make sense because I've gotten onto another web sight with the chevys and the guy has a brand new v8 chevy version and he is complaining about the wobble and the double vision. When I get back in front of the computer I will post a pick of what it looks like with a torch in front of the car,
Booked in today to show Holden so I'll see how that goes

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS, S PAK, CV8Z, SSVR, CALAIS V, MSE
I only notice it at night time on my HUD screen (very similar to the photo that was posted in that article about tesla)

SnowDoggyDogg

2ltr? = Only milk & juice
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
Does it get better or worse after a few Rumbos?

I only notice it at night time on my HUD screen (very similar to the photo that was posted in that article about tesla)

3rspecB

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSv Redline, White Manual Sedan
My Redline HUD was blurry at full brightness. I have adjusted the brightness down and its fine now. Got to do the SS ute HUD as its blurry on full brightness too. But the ute isn't driven hardly..

greggnleah

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dropped into the dealer today and showed them the issue , looked at a few cars with HUD screens in them and they all did it , all 2017 built cars,
Jumped in a evoke , no ghosting or wobble in the glass , the guys seemed pretty straight up about it and said it's something you get used to like the orange flash on the mirrors , that bugs some owners as well,
Conclusion find a 2015-2016 built car and have a look or worst case is look for a non hud windscreen to be fitted , if Holden wants to stick it up me I will just chase a local guy I've used before to fit a genuine non hud screen.
The guy actually showed me a way to see it . Adjust the hud screen up to the top before it starts to disappear and move your head up and down a little, you will notice the display ghosts out a little at the top at it moves up the screen

greggnleah

Reaction score
Members Ride
IMG_6657.JPG

greggnleah

Reaction score
Members Ride
Took two pics top pic no ghosting then moved the camera down a little and you can see a half circle ghosting under the light, the bigger the distance the bigger the gap between the light and the ghost off it

SnowDoggyDogg

2ltr? = Only milk & juice
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
Just like the article I linked.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
If it's an issue for you, then I guess you'll have to find a solution. I've tried numerous ways of seeing double vision in my MY14 Redline too, but no avail. Thankfully! Others on here seem to have the issue... Makes me wonder if it's limited to a particular windscreen batch, change in manufacturing process or supplier? An old stock windscreen from a supplier may be the answer?