Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Windsreen with HUD , Distorted vision and double vision

greggnleah

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VF sv6 wagon 2005 VZ LX6 Adventra
*** All Fixed ****

New window is in and is totally sorted , No more wobble , the ghosting is there but no were near like it was , the wobble seemed to make the ghosting more noticeable , Holden at Sutherland ended up being very good to deal with once the problem was recognized, The dealer has told me there has been a few cases of this ghosting and wobble , If you have this problem and are in the Sydney area contact Ian at Sutherland Holden he understands the issue

KT11H

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline Ute
Glad that it is sorted. I just can not believe that no one else in the factory and dealership notices it before it is sold to the customer. Guess there is no such thing as "Quality Controller" in Holden factory and none in the dealer workshop. If there is one, the person should go to the SpecSaver to have their eyes checked.

VZ57SSZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 VF Series II SSV
I had my windscreen replaced due to a truck throwing at rock up and cracking it.

new windscreen is horrible the HUD is out of focus and is reflected further back

BLOWN-WH

Reaction score
Members Ride
Statesman-Caprice collection
*** All Fixed ****
New window is in and is totally sorted , No more wobble , the ghosting is there but no were near like it was
Awesome great to hear its all sorted now for you!

New windscreen is horrible the HUD is out of focus and is reflected further back
Sorry to hear its not the same with your new windscreen :(
Out of curiosity would you know if it was a genuine Holden/GM windscreen you had fitted or another brand??

VZ57SSZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 VF Series II SSV
It definitely isn't a GM windscreen which I wasn't happy about but not much I can do about it now unfortunately as was all done by insurance.

Awesome great to hear its all sorted now for you!

Sorry to hear its not the same with your new windscreen :(
Out of curiosity would you know if it was a genuine Holden/GM windscreen you had fitted or another brand??

BLOWN-WH

Reaction score
Members Ride
Statesman-Caprice collection
Fair enough i understand.
Yeah would be interesting to see then though if indeed thats what affects the HUDs display working 100% correct if the windscreen has to be the official GM type or not??

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
It definitely isn't a GM windscreen which I wasn't happy about but not much I can do about it now unfortunately as was all done by insurance.

Surely you can take it up with your insurer on the lines that they have fitted the incorrect part ?

VZ57SSZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 VF Series II SSV
Surely you can take it up with your insurer on the lines that they have fitted the incorrect part ?

Possibly I might give them a call this screen also has alot more glare

greggnleah

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VF sv6 wagon 2005 VZ LX6 Adventra
Glad that it is sorted. I just can not believe that no one else in the factory and dealership notices it before it is sold to the customer. Guess there is no such thing as "Quality Controller" in Holden factory and none in the dealer workshop. If there is one, the person should go to the SpecSaver to have their eyes checked.

I did mention that to the dealer although the car had only 10 klms on it when i test drove it and 14 klms after my test drive,Then still had 14 klms on it when i took delivery , i didn't notice it until i drove it at night but once i did notice it , it was very noticeable all the time....