Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Woman TV presenter must cost more to Employ compare to a man

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON
there is a lot of change happening in the world. Some of the change is around language. I bet I need a flame suit but here goes -

'Surprisingly enough the workplace is starting to change, where if a female does some inappropriate things towards a male, the male is taking the female role of whinging about it.'

the above statement is a problem, if you write the statement again without the genders its still a reflection on workplace changes but without reducing peoples behaviour to 'cry like a girl' or 'be more manly'

we have men who are unable to express how they feel or communicate their needs without being labelled 'unmanly' etc, and IMO this reflects heavily in the state of mens mental health overall. We need to keep pushing for change here, it aint weak to speak campaigns etc. I have young adult children, and I am joyed to see that the boys talk more than I ever recall my own male friends doing. There is still far too many young men who do not speak up however as they have had so many years of being told 'dont be a woman/sook' etc.

men and women who may feel they cannot take up a hobby or are dissuaded from pursuing a career because its 'a females job, or a mans hobby' etc
all of this gatekeeping is preventing some really influential people from making their mark on the world. It also forces some rules around hiring policies to try & correct the balance, and that causes no end of outrage about ability vs gender.

change is hard, it feels uncomfortable. sometimes its not about giving everyone the same step and expecting the same outcome, but to provide each person the right sized step, so that everyone can get the same outcome.

View attachment 229849
I totally agree.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
..... waiting!

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
there is a lot of change happening in the world. Some of the change is around language. I bet I need a flame suit but here goes -

'Surprisingly enough the workplace is starting to change, where if a female does some inappropriate things towards a male, the male is taking the female role of whinging about it.'

the above statement is a problem, if you write the statement again without the genders its still a reflection on workplace changes but without reducing peoples behaviour to 'cry like a girl' or 'be more manly'

we have men who are unable to express how they feel or communicate their needs without being labelled 'unmanly' etc, and IMO this reflects heavily in the state of mens mental health overall. We need to keep pushing for change here, it aint weak to speak campaigns etc. I have young adult children, and I am joyed to see that the boys talk more than I ever recall my own male friends doing. There is still far too many young men who do not speak up however as they have had so many years of being told 'dont be a woman/sook' etc.

men and women who may feel they cannot take up a hobby or are dissuaded from pursuing a career because its 'a females job, or a mans hobby' etc
all of this gatekeeping is preventing some really influential people from making their mark on the world. It also forces some rules around hiring policies to try & correct the balance, and that causes no end of outrage about ability vs gender.

change is hard, it feels uncomfortable. sometimes its not about giving everyone the same step and expecting the same outcome, but to provide each person the right sized step, so that everyone can get the same outcome.

View attachment 229849

I'm seeing changes in the workplace and doesn't phase me....Geez, I'm even seeing females enter the predomoment motor trades industry and doing it quite successfully....

Yeah, there is the stigma behind males not talking out, but I am seeing it change where they are and good on them...

However my point really goes towards everything being too politically correct, to the point you want to have a joke, you have to be careful on the context, because both genders can get in the **** for telling it....It certainly makes a workplace more boring because of it

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON
Are you blokes National or Liberal politicians or Priests? Your bigoted/sexist thread comment indicates your either Tony Abbot or our Prime Minister.
Are you posting to try and get a reaction? With all that's going on in the world your biggest problem is women need somebody to do their hair To appear on TV?
Hang on, nobody would post such stupid remarks, this must be a windup
Hopefully you are not taking my comment as being sexist. I certainly didn’t mean to be, as I was just responding to the OP regarding his suggestion that it cost more money to employ a female in a particular position. The reality is, is that unfortunately many women are employed for their looks rather than their ability. Employers do this in certain lines of work knowing the prettier the woman, the more likely the dumb bloke is likely to buy the product, (totally sexist I know) because he’s distracted as most men usually are by a pretty well presented female.
So my point in answer to the OP’s suggestion was, organisations such as news corporations, employers, male or female, may be prepared to spend a little more on their female presenters or whatever in order to sell its product, be it NEWS or BEER.
Fair enough, women are shrewd and smarter than men more often than not, because they have to be......After all, it is a mans world, so we
By the way, I was ultimately fired from a profession which was predominantly run by men, most of which were spineless individually, because I stood up and demanded that the very few females within the company be paid and given the same rights as the men. So there’s that:)

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
for a mate?
For the butt hurt, sexist, Misogynistic, racist complaints to roll in.

But a few new friends will do .

H

harrop.senator

Mate of mine is an audience producer. She's now living in Melbourne working for channel 9 mainly.

She left a big Perth radio station after finding out her male assistant was being paid more than her.

Confronted the boss and asked what the fark? The bosses reply was it isn't our fault you accepted the salary advertised for the job , he knew his value more than you did and drove a hard bargain.

She walked out on the contract.

I've never personally worked anywhere where we weren't paid the same if the jobs n qualifications were the same.

I've earned less than many a women in my life and I sure as hell couldn't have done the jobs they do lol.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
Strange...I recently read or saw on Aussie telly, Female TV presenters are whinging they aren't getting paid as much as their male counter parts.
You wonder Why as they need a army there to do their hair, their face and other needs. WHO HAS TO PAY FOR THEM. Once again I'm talking about 50 situation that I has seen in the last 5 years. Yet MEN rarely get anything done so once again who has to pay for the extra woman there. I even saw a woman chasing a fly on the large glass window yet the fly disappeared under the presenters/host table. The next add break she came out with fly squatters to get the fly and it was still under the table. Yes she let a few word out !@#$%^^&&**( when she got the fly.