Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Wombles LJ Torana 2 door. (3rd car)

Wombles

Cars cost too much.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'72 LJ Torana, '95 VS Acclaim and V8 wagon

This is the part that I believe is leaking. Filled with water today and still leaks...

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Hmm. That's stuffed. Shows what happens to alloy when inhibitor isn't added to the coolant. Years of (probably) tap water and nothing else added to the radiator.

Wozza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR_GS commodore
Get yourself a fuelmiser carb rebuild kit an some carb cleaner....takes a few hrs to rip the carb off,strip it,clean it and put the kit in
main things to change are the float,float needle and seat and any plunger that might be in there...

look like this ?
http://www.stationary-engine.co.uk/ZenithCarbs/ZenithSP108.htm

Wombles

Cars cost too much.
Reaction score
Members Ride
Asking the uncle in law If he could assist in fixing that piece. His got all the gear need at home so hopefully we can fix it up enough to use. It's appearing to be as rare as a rainbow unicorn with gold high heels. And a diamond horn.

Wombles

Cars cost too much.
Reaction score
Members Ride
Just threw that piece back on. Should see one a guy is offering 20 for. It's worse than mine!
Water pump is done. The small hose was leaking. Then the lower rad hose decided to be a prick too.
But it's done.
Air filter base was cracked and got repaired. So now it tightens nicely instead of always being loose.
Rear brake cylinders got swapped over for new ones. Just gotta get another one man brake bleeder. Lost mine..
Ordered new shoes. Tried to order new drums but not available.
Next pay is welding gas week!

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
Get yourself a fuelmiser carb rebuild kit an
nooooo! nononono!

no!

nooo!

if their kit for your carby is anything like a quaddy kit stay WELL away from fuel miser. HORRIBLE kits, i bought 2 of them for different quaddies and they were atrocious. holes in the gaskets not neatly cut or off center, nothing sealed well and the worst part was the plunger off the primary enricmnet pump came off on BOTH kits. (full strip down required to get the plunger back out of the carb)

dunno if Hume Performance, Carburettors Rebuild, Air Filters and Cleaners For Sale do your type of carb, but they would be the first people i would ring. they stock a complete supply of OE parts for quaddiest so i wouldnt be surprised if they were familiar with what youve got.

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
is there a big section missing from the top of the rad hose bit?
20140315_123009_zpsieamybha.jpg

Wombles

Cars cost too much.
Reaction score
Members Ride
There's a small chip out of the top. Nothing like the 20 buck one I got offered. Split on 2 sides of the same side. Parallel to. Thinking of getting the alt, carby and whatever else is worth grabbing off a seized 1760.
Currently bleeding the brakes. Fully re done.
Looking at Supagas Traralgon for gas. They quoted 85 for an e size. With 17 monthly. Not too bad. Other place in Morwell was 100+ with 15 monthly.

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR