Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Women gang raped in bendigo

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SS Commodore Series II
Surely you're not suggesting that the majority of Muslims in Australia are rapists? I think it is safe to say that the majority of Muslims in Australia are good law abiding people.

Nice way to twist words.
What I said was, their cultural and religious ideals are based around violence and persicution of those whom do no conform to their ideals.
whether that manifests its self as a rape or bashing is totally the individuals perogative.
I'm not saying they're all extremists. You don't have to rape a woman to use a religious ideal to condone it. The Quaran says its okay to do it. By following the Quaran you condone it. And that makes you as guility as the guy with the wet dick.

Its no different to those whom supported the Catholic church during the inquisition. They were ALL guilty of the attrocities commitied in the name of the church, just as Muslims are today.

vr94ss

walks barefoot
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS '94/Subi B4 TT '01
Nice way to twist words.
What I said was, their cultural and religious ideals are based around violence and persicution of those whom do no conform to their ideals.
whether that manifests its self as a rape or bashing is totally the individuals perogative.
I'm not saying they're all extremists. You don't have to rape a woman to use a religious ideal to condone it. The Quaran says its okay to do it. By following the Quaran you condone it. And that makes you as guility as the guy with the wet dick.

Its no different to those whom supported the Catholic church during the inquisition. They were ALL guilty of the attrocities commitied in the name of the church, just as Muslims are today.

Can Christians, whose book also condones rape, be lumped together? Obviously by your reasoning they condone it. They will jump through hoops trying to distance themselves from it and when there are no more hoops will fall back on "God is Great" and we cannot know his reasons. You must see that this continual anti-Muslim stuff is just bigotry and xenophobia.

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
When said Christians take the word of the Bible litterally and act apon it, of course they can.
I don't support any organised religion. So you want to start arguing Christianty agains Islam I'll support neither.

That said, the Catholic church has evolved from the middle ages. Islam has barely made it out of the stone age, and it seems most of its followers are about par. And thats easy to see, just look at the Islamic world. There's a good reason its still the 3rd world **** hole it is, Baring a few.

vr94ss

walks barefoot
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS '94/Subi B4 TT '01
When said Christians take the word of the Bible litterally and act apon it, of course they can.
I don't support any organised religion. So you want to start arguing Christianty agains Islam I'll support neither.

That said, the Catholic church has evolved from the middle ages. Islam has barely made it out of the stone age, and it seems most of its followers are about par. And thats easy to see, just look at the Islamic world. There's a good reason its still the 3rd world **** hole it is, Baring a few.

That's not what you originally claimed Soop. Your claim was if they are Muslim and their book says "such and such" then they condone it and are as guilty as the guy with a wet dick. You can't have it both ways mate. If any Christian rapes someone and their book condones it then they are all as guilty.

Edit: I'm atheist too Soop. I do have a sense of justice and freedom being applied equally to all though.

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
No, If a christian rapes a woman, and says its fine to do so because the bible says so THEN we have a problem. But If a christan man rapes a woman because he's a filthy human being, then he's just a filthy human being.

The Quaran condones rape, and you need only go to an Islamic suburb (as rediculous as it is) to see the attitude of the people. If you can't you're blind.
The impact the strict religious teaching has on these people effects their everyday life. (Halal anyone?)

Bravotwozero

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 AMG C63 W204 Speedshift + 2013 KW T909
No twisting of words. Just questioning your statement to make sure I wasn't misinterpreting what you were trying to say. Also wasn't aware you were so well versed on the Koran. Kind of pointless using an extremist translation of the Koran when most Muslims are anything but. Not all Muslims are suicide bombing rapists, not all Catholic Priests are pedophiles and not all Commodore drivers are Bogans and hoons.

I hate how minorities ruin it for the rest and people like you use this as ammunition against the rest. I believe that the vast majority of immigrants do come here for a better life. But I am a realist and do know that there are any trouble makers as well. But I won't write off an entire cross-section of people based on the behaviour of a minority.

vr94ss

walks barefoot
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS '94/Subi B4 TT '01
No, If a christian rapes a woman, and says its fine to do so because the bible says so THEN we have a problem. But If a christan man rapes a woman because he's a filthy human being, then he's just a filthy human being.

The Quaran condones rape, and you need only go to an Islamic suburb (as rediculous as it is) to see the attitude of the people. If you can't you're blind.
The impact the strict religious teaching has on these people effects their everyday life. (Halal anyone?)

Now you're just twisting in the wind. That's not what you originally claimed. That original claim is what I'm taking issue with. You are not evaluating both sides equally, you are using preconceived ideas when you judge one and even though you claim not to be religious, stick up for the side closest to you. The Christians, they're less different.

But anyway.. Justify how what I originally replied to is not bigoted?

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
No twisting of words. Just questioning your statement to make sure I wasn't misinterpreting what you were trying to say. Also wasn't aware you were so well versed on the Koran. Kind of pointless using an extremist translation of the Koran when most Muslims are anything but. Not all Muslims are suicide bombing rapists, not all Catholic Priests are pedophiles and not all Commodore drivers are Bogans and hoons.

I hate how minorities ruin it for the rest and people like you use this as ammunition against the rest. I believe that the vast majority of immigrants do come here for a better life. But I am a realist and do know that there are any trouble makers as well. But I won't write off an entire cross-section of people based on the behaviour of a minority.

Sorry now there is an extreme version of the Qu'ran(Koran) and a non extreme version? errr?

If we banned religion, there wouldn't be an issue. Middle east is a shithole because of religion, most of africa same thing, in fact almost every major conflict has a religious involvement somehow. No one is blaming the people here (apologies if this is what it seems), well at least I am not. I am solely blaming the religion and what people are taught. I have read the Qu'ran (Koran) as I have read the bible. Religion of peace...hardly, religion of killing, lies, theft and pedophilia is closer to the mark. I have also had certain parts checked in arabic through a friend who escaped the religion of death and is now a firm atheist. So there is certainly no misinterpretation.

I never form a view if I cannot challenge the other side, through fact or at least fact checking.

If not liking a rleigion that promotes this **** is being a racist and bigot, then so be it, I really could not give a **** and as such will end my involement in this thread.

Can Christians, whose book also condones rape, be lumped together?

The old testament certainly does. As do quite a few religions. Pretty sure it does not in the new testament. The church have also modified writings in the past to remove these views. What the old testament proves is that before their JC saviour, the world was in sin, hence JC being sent...although, I may be confused with that, been a while since i gave a **** about the christian faith.

Last edited:

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Much the same as what Minux just said, I don't think I ever said it wasn't bigotted.
I said It wasn't racisit and its not.

I'll never except Islam as a decent human beings rule book. It only brings bad things.

vr94ss

walks barefoot
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS '94/Subi B4 TT '01
If we banned religion, there wouldn't be an issue.

I fear you are wrong. I don't know what the answer is though. As we see organised religion have hold of fewer minds in the West, we also see an increase in other belief systems like all the conspiracy nuts. It seems some people have to believe in the irrational.

Edit:

The old testament certainly does. As do quite a few religions. Pretty sure it does not in the new testament. The church have also modified writings in the past to remove these views. What the old testament proves is that before their JC saviour, the world was in sin, hence JC being sent...although, I may be confused with that, been a while since i gave a **** about the christian faith.
The old cannot be separated from the new as much as they'd like to be able to when it suits them and not when it doesn't.
Matthew 5:17

remove these views. What the old testament proves is that before their JC saviour, the world was in sin, hence JC being sent...although, I may be confused with that, been a while since i gave a **** about the christian faith.

Remove the offending stuff from the Koran and what does it become? Both books are then compromised and their authority diminished. They must be taken whole.

Last edited: