Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Worth upgrading Headers & cats on VE SSV?

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
The single best mod you can do to a VE SS (or any V8 VE save GTS) that only sees the street is change the mid pipe from the cat to the rear cans. The mid pipe between the front resonator and mufflers is horrendous.

SSVSE

Reaction score
Members Ride
my10 SSV SE L76
The single best mod you can do to a VE SS (or any V8 VE save GTS) that only sees the street is change the mid pipe from the cat to the rear cans. The mid pipe between the front resonator and mufflers is horrendous.

yep , its my next mod , i just hope it aint too loud with my j pipes

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
yep , its my next mod , i just hope it aint too loud with my j pipes

Next mod???? Seriously it should have been your first mod. Bang a 2.5" cat back (even the stock 2 1/4" end cans would be fine) and it'll sound great without attracting unwanted attention. Will probably give you the best torque too for most street cars unless you have a wild cam or similar.

SSVSE

Reaction score
Members Ride
my10 SSV SE L76
Next mod???? Seriously it should have been your first mod. Bang a 2.5" cat back (even the stock 2 1/4" end cans would be fine) and it'll sound great without attracting unwanted attention. Will probably give you the best torque too for most street cars unless you have a wild cam or similar.

well for me it sounded great -and went a bit better when i put the the 2.5 inch j-pipe axle backs on ! they were a cheap first mod at $400 imo.
the hsv GTS tri ys an cats. plus a bit of dremmel work have worked out to be an Even Better Mod, especialy at the $200 i paid for em .
im hesitant to get 2.5 inch cat to axle pipes, i think it might get too loud with the 2.5 inch j-pipe axle backs i already have on. it already sounds wicked!
still, as i am now addicted to bolt ons i will probably get em !

Last edited: