Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Would 20' X 10 SSW CONCAVE WHEELS, 5X120

al..

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Series 2 ss
shiitt..I done a quick call at Kimberley sells and they said il have issues with my fronts! they said il just hit the strut, are they correct?

Grennan & ducker, if you very confident I wont have issue I will buy the wheels....but if others are saying different info...wat do I do

al..

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Series 2 ss
Grennan so are you running something like me at your fronts 20*10

I rang eyecandy they said it should be fine or very close to it, and said il need guard rolling?

al..

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Series 2 ss
The tyre place i brought mine off said the same thing about the fronts.

Remember my offset is 45

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
Im running 8.5" with a +30 offset. Which is from memory around 5mm LESS than your proposed fitment (Im at work so I cant do the calcs here).

I have plenty of room, if I had my time again I would be going 8.5" + 20 which is the exact same as a 10 inch + 35 which is 10mm further out than you. My concern would be the 255s. I know 245s fit ABSOLUTELY NO PROBLEM. 255s will be 5mm each side so I cant see that being a huge issue.

As far as guard roll. The VEs already have a decent lip on the fronts. Depending on how low it is you MAY need that pushed a little more.

ducker85

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE clubbie R8
10s on the front are more likely to hit the suspension strut the need a guard roll. I actually forgot about that and what offset was right (the is a thread on here about it and the lad had a red VE) like I said Brad Kimberley cars (BK performance also a site sponsor) was fitting 20x9.5 40P 255/35R20s to all of there cars in the yard, to be able to sell them they couldn't be flush and a car yard ain't gonna roll guards on every car anyway. Worst case on the front is you need a spacer and to install longer studs to get the strut clearance, still no guard roll.

I'm actually running 20x9.5s 245s and 28P offset, only mods was neg camber up front and a minor guard roll rear and they still tuck so my next wheels will be wider and more agressive (cos that's what I'm into)

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Firstly, you can't legally fit spacers....you have an accident and automatically you're at fault, becuase your car is unroadworthy

so you have been forwarned there.

2ndly....with all the worries you seem to have with fitament, best bet is to try an identical sizing and offset at a tyre shop.....no need to fit tyres.....this will allow you to see the clearance you will have.....saves a lot of stress.

ducker85

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE clubbie R8
Firstly, you can't legally fit spacers.

Yes, yes we all know that. Aren't you sick of trolling wheel threads looking for comments about spacers yet? You are very knowledgable but waste it on silly remarks.

That comment is a last resort to get the fitment and then IF necessary our mate AL.. Can order some 20x10 38p wheels but I'm pretty sure his searched for the thread I also mention and won't come to this. Also when buying online a test fit is like impossible too!!

al..

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Series 2 ss
Yes, yes we all know that. Aren't you sick of trolling wheel threads looking for comments about spacers yet? You are very knowledgable but waste it on silly remarks.

That comment is a last resort to get the fitment and then IF necessary our mate AL.. Can order some 20x10 38p wheels but I'm pretty sure his searched for the thread I also mention and won't come to this. Also when buying online a test fit is like impossible too!!

Thanks ducker

But yeah I just tried the front wheel on, its hitting the strut :( sh ittt...5 mm off it would be perfect. wat do I do now??

I mite have to buy just a another pair for the fronts as ducker mentions 20*10n 38 (I Really like these wheels)

Funny thing is Dandenong tyre factory said it would fit and also others hmmmm..

Thanks fellas for your help