Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Would you leave a note?

Spaced

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 VS Commodore Exec
lol i wouldn't spread that around mate ;)

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
i know id leave a note for sure
but if it was just a little dint or scratch id put my details down, if i happened to smash pretty hard into it id wait for them to come out and if they dont for a while id put my mums details down and say she was driving.... she already told me to so insurance doesnt screw me because she is rating 1 for life:)

so if its not bad = mine and ill pay for it
bad = mums details and claim insurance

So you will commit a federal offence of fraud?

Spaced

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 VS Commodore Exec
padrickz88 I'd probably edit your post if I was you not such a smart thing to say (that's why I didn't quote it)

JD

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ccgm.au.tt
Members Ride
1.6L Turbo Holden Croooooooooooze
padrickz88 I'd probably edit your post if I was you not such a smart thing to say (that's why I didn't quote it)

especilly when minux's around:D

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
ive never been in a situation where ive done anything to warrant leaving a note, but id like to believe i would, for the same reasons many have said - because if it were the other way around id be pissed and as someone said already- "karma is a bitch".
i have however been sitting in my old car (vn calais) once waiting for a mate to get back from dropping a video into the shop and a asshole opened his door really badly onto my back passenger side while getting his kid out.
i deliberately stayed in the car for a sec to see what he would do.
he looked at HIS door to check for damage, did the typical "rub your hand over it", like that fixes it or something, lol...and then walked off with his kid.
so i jumped out (he obviously didnt realise i was sitting in the car) and asked him where he thought he was going.
he acted all smug and said "what do you mean?" and i told him, i had just been sitting in my car the whole time while he banged his door into mine and now he's walking off like it never happened.
the dude actually had the nerve to play dumb and said he didnt do anything, even though i witnessed the whole thing and felt his door rock my car when it hit.
so i exchanged a few choice words, called him what he was - probably not the nicest thing to say to a guy infront of his child, but i was venting.
he ended up just walking off giving me the finger and returning a few words. so i took down his car rego, make and model and got my insurance to take care of it all, i had to give a written report and they took him to court for the money.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
I'd have no hesitations to leave a note (or wait).

But i've seriously never been in that situation, as i have to park to avoid such people. i'll take up 2 parks away from other cars (yeah of course you come back and theres 6 cars parked next to you, even tho the carpark is empty)

But if i have a blonde moment or lapse of concentration, i'd wait.

AttaBoy

WTF?!?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
I've never been in a situation where I backed or damage other's cars but had someone done some damage to mine and left no notes, I was so pissed!!!! But what can you do?? Just take a sook and fix it at your expense. Thats what I did and then life moves on.

Spaced

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 VS Commodore Exec
Minux just doesn't want you to promote doing something illegal. Discussion closed.

vkberlina

VK Madman
Reaction score
Website
www.members.westnet.com.au
Members Ride
VK EFI 5L, VK 134 Pack, LX8 Adventra, MF35 & MF50b
I had someone back into my VK a few years ago and drive off, luckily I was walking back to my car when it happened and just got the guys rego as he drove off, I reported it to the police and had him charged with leaving the scene of an accident.
If I even ran into another persons car I sure as hell would leave a note.

Scott