Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

WRX vs VE SS

Status
Not open for further replies.

FATMOE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Clubsport R8
a tune ..and nothing else on the SS
and bye bye to the WRx..by a long shot

plus a few extras...and you get a NA SS running mid tens!
that is what the fastest VE SS is currently running according to the LS1 boys
( VE SSV A6 runs 10.6's on street tyres includes video )

Lol when I see it with my own eyes I won't believe it unless the Rex is stock.

I meant to say 3/4 reaper.

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Yeah, in standard and modified form...SS all the way.

ROFL

What this guy said. He clearly has a clue... lol.

Based on the information provided, can't give a serious answer.

And and retard who starts commenting about which will win modified should be ignored because its too subjective. That and once again, what's the competition? Drag? Circuit? Rally? Tarmac Rally? Enduro? Comfortable long distance cruising?

Then you go into bang for buck. Throw 5K at a SS and you will be at what, 350rwkw? Throw 5K at a REX and you're probably at 250awkw? So the SS wins. But, 350rwkw vs 250awkw given the weights of the cars... the wrx will gain more performance. So yeah.

Last edited:

Brenno

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6.0L MY09.5 A6
^ agreed..

My ol WRX (quite modified) was the quickest car I've ever owned.. But it would still get its arse handed to it in a straight line by any big V8 or turbo 6..

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
SS all the way

Wrx has a very short first and second gear from memory and from what i seen on the roads.

Sent from my HTC ARIA using Tapatalk II.IV

RoaringSky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV MY9.5 Manual Sedan
I owned a '99 stock manual WRX in 2009, and now have a stock manual My9.5 SSV. Both are nice cars, depending how you use the car for what purposes, and your personal viewpoint of course. But...

Let me tell you, put those 2 side by side for a drag at the lights, SS wins hands down, period. (if that's what you mean by "winning".)

Around the bends, eg. at Great Ocean Rd around Lorne, WRX wins for its light weight (late braking and fast apex speed and less understeer) , 4X4 agility for pedal to the metal exit ability out of the corners. However, the turbo lag is bit of a concern so the revs must be kept above 3500rpm for anything decent.

Modding one mechanically and pouring money into the car surely lets you beat the other car, but that's the battle of wallets, not cars in stock form. So let's not go there.

I now chose the SSV for its comfort, family friendliness, grunt to overtake and tow, much nicer interior and equipment and the V8 roar no one can ignore. Oh the insurance is only $772, as opposed to $1050... yet the car is 10 years newer, bigger and more equipped.

SS, Winner, hands down, as I said.

monkeys437

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Stato l67
Okay guys i know this has been mention before but im being pretty specific here would a stock 2012 ve ss beat a stock 1999 wrx?

If not what would you have to do to beat it?

Both fast cars, both with heaps of potential, both with their various strengths.

A lot would depend on the driver.

2DIE

ONEDOLLAHOLLA
Reaction score
Website
www.torn.com
Members Ride
97 Acclaim
I know this is a old thread but its relevant to my interest.

I'm considering buying a 03-05 WRX with my girlfriend and have been reading lots of information on them for weeks.

This video is of a WRX vs a Clubsport down the 1/4 mile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVL2fI6KpAs

Despite all the subjectiveness of the video, I think a WRX would launch better because of the AWD and could have the turbo spooled at high RPM and launch with no or minimal wheels spin.

I couldn't say one or the other will win with all the different variables but if the WRX loses it wouldn't be by much.

I'm on a tablet at the moment or else I would try to look up the stock 1/4 mile times.

Status
Not open for further replies.