Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

WTF!!?? First issue with the SSV and it made me cry!

Kikki

WA Cruise Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.christielynphotography.com
Members Ride
08 VE SSV Sportswagon & 03 VY S Pac
So fuelled her up for a trip to Bunbury on New years eve, pull out of the servo sitting at lights then Stability control shuts off, tells me to check the engine, runs like a bag of **** popping and farting and just not wanting to "go".

Headed to the ex's work (after being instructed by our Holden dealer to drive it to them) driving at no more than 40kms coz she just didn't want to and hooked it up to the Tech 2, came up with a random misfire (cyl 8) and then a tick tick sound, pop the bonnet and the harmonic balancer is wobbling and about to come off!!

It's never been removed either.... So it got towed to Holden after I told the service department dick what for! Then as it was being towed the retard ran over a snatch strap clip and took a chunk out of the rim :hmmm:

Anyways, anyone have any idea what has caused this? I'm assuming (and hoping) it'd be warranty work?

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
If it's been tuned kikki, you might be in trouble warranty wise.

Bravotwozero

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 AMG C63 W204 Speedshift + 2013 KW T909
Faulty balancer should be fixed under warranty regardless of the tune.

Darcon666

Evil is always around you
Reaction score
Website
www.gfy.com
Members Ride
Your Mother
If it's been tuned kikki, you might be in trouble warranty wise.

WTF does a tune have to do with the balancer almost falling off??? srsly

Anyways, OP... could have crap fuel and it's blocked one/some/all of the injectors. This will give that tick tick tick sound, hopefully this is the issue.

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp

Anyways, OP... could have crap fuel and it's blocked one/some/all of the injectors. This will give that tick tick tick sound, hopefully this is the issue.

So you dont think the fact the harmonic balancer was about to come off could be a contributing factor?

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain

lol, you are naive if you think that holden won't do anything to get out of fixing something, read my post, i didn't say that was the cause did i??:rolleyes:

Kikki

WA Cruise Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.christielynphotography.com
Members Ride
08 VE SSV Sportswagon & 03 VY S Pac
Ok in regards to the tune... If it has something to do with the balancer or not, it's more a question "if" Holden are going to void the warranty because certain "modifications" have been done.

Thanks guys, I requested a written explanation as to what caused it, what has been done to rectify it and well see what happens tomorrow I guess.