Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

WTF!!?? First issue with the SSV and it made me cry!

Mirkz

Reaction score
Members Ride
GSXR1000
Sorry to hear you're having troubles still Kikki !
hopefully Pro Auto can fix it up for ya.

bigdave999

Reaction score
Members Ride
N/A
if you knew how long it takes to even get to the adjuster nut to adjust it you wouldnt be saying that...

Yes I would, there used to be a time when service meant service and if something needed tightening, a small bulb needed chanfging etc etc it was included for free as a good will gesture.....not like today where your $300-500 pays for nothing more than a part trained 19 year old ape to drop the oil and filter.

If it really takes that long to reach the handbrake adjuster then that's a very basic design flaw since adjusters need to be "adjusted" once in a while.......guess the $1bn went on something other than design work then LOL

Mirkz

Reaction score
Members Ride
GSXR1000
Only thing I've used Youngs for so far is for parts here and there because they're walking distance from me. Wont take my car there for any servicing though, hear bad stories about them trying to just fix whatever they see is broken and then giving you a bill for stuff you didn't even want done when you pick it up.

bigdave999

Reaction score
Members Ride
N/A
Kikki, this is very weird as the steering wheel cannot be installed "crooked" as it has a locater in the spline and will only fit on in one exact position. I just changed my steering wheel which is how I found this. I hope your holden mechanic hasnt forced the new wheel on and damaged the column or spline!!!

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Yes I would, there used to be a time when service meant service and if something needed tightening, a small bulb needed chanfging etc etc it was included for free as a good will gesture.....not like today where your $300-500 pays for nothing more than a part trained 19 year old ape to drop the oil and filter.

If it really takes that long to reach the handbrake adjuster then that's a very basic design flaw since adjusters need to be "adjusted" once in a while.......guess the $1bn went on something other than design work then LOL

Never heard of anyone being charged to retension anything, and bulbs are still replaced for free under warranty. Yes apprentices do service work, while under supervision of a technician that checks everything they do. How else do you expect them to learn?

Cars arent designed to be easy to work on, thats the lowest priority when designing a car.

But dont let facts ruin a good story huh?

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Never heard of anyone being charged to retension anything, and bulbs are still replaced for free under warranty. Yes apprentices do service work, while under supervision of a technician that checks everything they do. How else do you expect them to learn?

Cars arent designed to be easy to work on, thats the lowest priority when designing a car.

But dont let facts ruin a good story huh?

I got charged $15 to install new windscreen wiper blades once, that is on top of the $15 odd dollars for the wiper blades. Wasn't I a little pissed off that day. This is at a dealership.

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
I got charged $15 to install new windscreen wiper blades once, that is on top of the $15 odd dollars for the wiper blades. Wasn't I a little pissed off that day. This is at a dealership.

Most dealerships wont go ahead with extra work without your permission so you cant really blame the dealer if you didnt ask for a price first...

But I agree prices on some things are quite steep.

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Most dealerships wont go ahead with extra work without your permission so you cant really blame the dealer if you didnt ask for a price first...

But I agree prices on some things are quite steep.

I understand that I asked them to do it, and yeah my bad for not asking for a price. That's why I was fuming and not venting on them. I didn't have a go at them or anything. They had done small things for free in the past like adjusting the headlights and stuff.

And while it cost $30 odd dollars for new blades, I must say they were really good blades, :p

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
I understand that I asked them to do it, and yeah my bad for not asking for a price. That's why I was fuming and not venting on them. I didn't have a go at them or anything. They had done small things for free in the past like adjusting the headlights and stuff.

And while it cost $30 odd dollars for new blades, I must say they were really good blades, :p

Some blades are quite expensive, for example genuine AH astra ones are over $100 just for the parts. VE ones are more expensive as well as they arent just the rubber part you replace, its the whole section that clips into the arm.

Some parts prices are ridiculous so always ask for prices before authorising extra work.

Coast_Calais

sick of the idiots here
Reaction score
Members Ride
varies
Kikki, this is very weird as the steering wheel cannot be installed "crooked" as it has a locater in the spline and will only fit on in one exact position. I just changed my steering wheel which is how I found this. I hope your holden mechanic hasnt forced the new wheel on and damaged the column or spline!!!

if the rack has work done, and isn't centered, it will cause the wheel to be of angle on center....
my bad, changed my own rack and wasn't thinking... i was looking at my wheel witht the front end off the ground thinking "WTF!?" and THEN the light bulb flicked on....