Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

WTF is going on with kids/teens today?

D

devilly

teenage yrs are the hardest hormones, what age can you work at, what age can you get license, what age can you vote at,what age do you get payed as an adult worker, e.t.c its a very hard age and you need all the help and support humanly possible.

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
just heard this on the radio, its related to these issues.

A young Fella, think they said about 13 or 15, went and robbed a place for some cigarettes and money.
eventually got home.
and his Grandparents turned him into the Police.

tbh id like to know where the parents were in this.
and good work by the Grandparents to turn him in.

for anyone who says its real hard on teenagers and so on.
please explain why they should need to resort to such activities of crime?
a little bit of discipline goes a long way.
prime example. was speaking to this fella the other day, his son used ot hang around with the not so good people, but wanted a motorbike so badly.
this guy said, "if you dont do this that and those things, you can have it, anything wrong and goodbye motorbike"
the kid got rid of all those dropkick mates, hasnt done anything real stupid, and got him motorbike

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
Just read another story where a 15yo stabbed a bouncer who didn't let him into a night club.
I can't understand the mentality of shits like that.

Bouncer: under aged mate, you can't come in
Kid: yea nah carn lez in
Bouncer: no ID, no entry. I don't make the laws I just get paid to follow them
Kid: *stab stab stab*
Bouncer: sincerely sorry sir, I didn't realise you want to come in, here's VIP access and a free drink card.

Is that the way they think its going to go down?

87RB30VL

Swiggidy Swag
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
09' FG XR6 Falcon, 75' HJ Kingswood Ute
You only have to go to your local supermarket (Chermside, Strathpine etc) on a thursday night to see how ####ing retarded our youth is

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
Sadly it past the point of no return...its the lifestyle its the bloody media both socially and the press tv radio etc and its the basics..the primary schools and the whole discipline circus ....all you can do is bring your own kids up to have respect for others but in this world it seems everything circulates about making money and having the biggest and best and the children are left to their own devices at a early age and some slip (not all as the media would like to report) into bad things when left unchecked.....

Kiddo

You're serious bro?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Colt
Its too difficult to get a child to be obedient via respect these days, cause they just don't care. Too many warning are given out, and not enough real punishments are being dished out.

Steal a car? 15hours Community Service
Driving unlicenced? Here, government will pay for 10hrs of driving lessons (This ACTUALLY happened)
Kill your mate? 6 months in Juvi.

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VTII Commodore Olympic, 2012 Ford Focus ST
I got smacked on multiple occasions. A couple of times nowadays you'd regard it as abusive.

Parents yes, they are ultimately 100% responsible, but these days schools are unashamedly PC. I am studying to be a high school and my view of teaching is unashamedly old school. Down to my method, lack of technology usage, etc.

Eg. We have in many schools 'PBL' - positive behaviour for learning. Educational authorities come up with these little programs at tax payers expense, it doesn't really work as well as it is forecast, and in the end we end up heaping praise on children that is entirely unwarranted. School management expects that you praise everything the students do. Even if its **** that is what is 100% expected of them. Then there is overt use of collaborative learning. I believe CL to be highly inefficient as students use 'self guided discovery' to teach themselves **** they don't understand. I believe in a more traditional teacher-centred explicit instruction approach. This is best suited to mathematics anyway, the KLA I will be teaching. Fear of offending people can also create a lack of honesty.

I believe usage of technology in the classroom shortens their attention span in the long run. This creates bad values of instant self gratification. This can then manifest in adults as eating disorders, getting into debt very quickly, and so forth.

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
Huge lack of respect by kids of today, back in the day I would have been smacked into next year for talking back to an adult or doing other small stupid things.....these days kids can get away with whatever they want.

87RB30VL

Swiggidy Swag
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
09' FG XR6 Falcon, 75' HJ Kingswood Ute
I am studying to be a high school

I studied to be a Library once. Didn't like it, our homework was to stand still and hold books. Not fun. :p

Anyway, back when I was in high school, our teachers would clip us around the head if we were messing up, so we learned that there's no where you can go to act like a ########, so we stopped doing it. Not that we weren't little bastards now and again, what boy isn't, but we were brought up by our parents and teachers to respect adults & they will respect you.

It's like these news reports of groups of 15 year olds bashing grown men and women and robbing them, I bet if I was to smack one of them in the face and break their nose, or knock them out, I'd be in more trouble than them, even though some of these kids, especially islanders who are built like brick **** houses, could down me in one hit and I'm twice their age

AlexVSII

Reaction score
Members Ride
1996 Holden VS Commodore S, 3.8 n/a
iChris;2385886 just remember too that it's the younger generation that will be fixing the older generation's ####ups said:
I'm going to expand on this.

It wasn't our generation that spat on returning soldiers in 1975 and called them murderers forvolunteering/being conscripted to serve our country. Does this excuse the ills of our generation? No it doesn't but I would bet a fair sum of money that more younger people spat on returning Vietnam Veterans in 1975 than you have young kids running amok today. The problem with people going feral isn't as widespread as you would think. There is a few bad apples, ruining the bunch.

The thing is that while there have always been "ferals", today they are much more emboldend to be open about it and to also openly display contempt for authority figures. Whatever the answer it is, we haven't found it and I don't believe a return to the days of summary justice, taking them out the back and giving them some time with the yellow pages is the answer. Really the true answer costs money, money to improve education, money to improve child protection, money to ensure the kids in primary school who come from abusive or otherwise unstable families, and who are falling behind from the unstable family environment, who are going to school without lunch regularly because their parents would rather buy smokes or alcohol or have parents who would rather piss money away on poker machines rather than buy new school uniforms, and so on are seen to and put on a better path rather than become the teenage ferals in 10 years time and in another 10-20 years become the parents of feral kids.

The problem is this will involve some tough decisions on behalf of the government, decisions that I don't think the government is willing or able to make. It's easier to just ignore the problem, or to send the kids to juvenile justice or if they're older, gaol, where due to budget cuts any pretense of rehabillitation is abandoned, and the only education is on furthering their life of crime.