Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[WTF-SIX] VSII 6 Speed Manual Supercharged 4.2 Litre

HoldenManDan

Built, not bought...
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec SII 4.2L L67 T56 :D
Man o man I cant believe its been so long since ive managed to get an update on this thread!

thought i would dig this up :p the car looks nice mate :)
but want to ask what rims are they you are using for track? they look sweet!

Cheers bud! Umm they are ROH Azzurro's in 17". Originally had what I thought to be VR clubbys for track but turned out to be VP GTS rims which have a unique offset which scrubbed the rear. So sold them off and bought these instead and got them painted in white. Good for something different I think!

Good dig Lethal. I saw his picks in the other thread and it jolted my memory of this.

Haha thanks for digging this up guys! I've got another big update in the works now...

Dan, hows the power steering going now on the track? ever thought of just removing it all together?

Completely forgot about this thread until Lethal dug it up

Bet shes a monster on the track! Would love to see it in action at full speed in real life some day

Hey mate before the next track day (that I haven't quite covered until my next update, which was back in may '12!), I fitted a derale power steering cooler. Works awesomely! Was never really keen on removing the power steering as I prefer the ease on the street in particular.

I almost forgot about this thread too! Been too busy to think about updating until now.

Yeah its barrels of fun on the track, cant wait to get out there (anywhere) again! There will be quite a few improvements before that happens though!

Thanks for the kind words, I will be putting up some videos of some decent speed in my next update!

Cheers

Decicrate

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67
I might have to try and get down your way next year and organize a track day with a few of the others that like to go fast.

Last edited:

frogsta

Perth WA
Reaction score
Members Ride
Focus ST E30
Wow very nice

SV666

The Commodore Enthusiast
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS EXEC SII
Its a great read, especially when there's down time at work. I do need to thank you though after seeing your car with 19 ssv's and the exact same colour and spec you made my decision to go with these! And I can stop harassing the guys on here what would look best haha. The car is amazing enough and what you have accomplished with it.

HoldenManDan

Built, not bought...
Reaction score
Members Ride
I might have to try and get down your way next year and organize a track day with a few of the others that like to go fast.

Awesome idea Barry! I'm not sure if powercruise is your bag, but Haydz and I are thinking about coming up there for QLD powercruise in September!

I was reading through this thread a couple weeks ago, man this VS is awesome!
Well done with all the work done Dan, I'm jealous :)

Haha thanks for the kind words mate and thanks for taking the time to read it!

More work to come yet! :)

Wow very nice

Cheers frogsta!

This is an amazing thread, it must make you smile every time you drive it.
Keen to see more :D

I've tried to keep it as detailed yet interesting as possible, both for my own benefit and everyone else's! I'm glad ive gone to such effort, ive lost count of the times ive flicked back through here to check what I did when and how haha!

Its a great read, especially when there's down time at work. I do need to thank you though after seeing your car with 19 ssv's and the exact same colour and spec you made my decision to go with these! And I can stop harassing the guys on here what would look best haha. The car is amazing enough and what you have accomplished with it.

Haha thanks, and no worries! I still love these wheels on it now, even though they've become a lot more commonly seen on pre-VE's than when I got them!

Anyways I cant believe im nearly a year behind with updates at this point, but I will definitely catch up!

Where I left off was when the TrueTrac got installed just before track day, so that's where I will pick it up!
I can only put 2 videos in each post so there will be a few new posts with videos in them.

So here is session 1. Warmed into it gradually and pulled a best lap of the session of 1:58.6. Almost straight away I could tell the manners were significantly improved by the TrueTrac! Did not have a single incident where the ass end wanted to overtake the front (unlike last track day!) Driveability was improved as was corner-exit traction in particular. This showed itself by gaining around 6km/h down the main straight, ~206km/h compared with the previous track day's ~200km/h with the presumably sick holden LSD.

Session 2 was a bit of an "interesting" one haha, had an instructor come along with me for half of this session. I didn't stuff around, watching from the 5 minute mark I try and kill him!

But not really. Coming up to turn 3 on the second timed lap I had a couple of minor distractions, coupled with not knowing how the new diff was going to behave. I had previously managed turn 3 by short shifting to 4th, this occasion I tried using all of 3rd to power out. A smidge too much throttle a smidge too soon saw the ass begin to step out, I stupidly left my foot in it and skidded off the track onto the inside grass of that corner, ass first! I remember looking out the front passenger window to see the wall coming up. Obviously wanting to stop before I hit the wall I also grabbed some left lock to stop the front spinning around and making contact, which I only just got away with! The instructor later said "we were only metres away" but I think it mustve been less than even one metre!

Anyway after that I struggled for a minute to get the motor to crank, the hot conditions and factory starter wiring meant it took a bit before the motor could get started. After that I took the instructor back in, on the way he made some comments about the semis which I don't agree with (such as only doing a couple of laps at a time before going in or cooling the tyres down, and that I mightn't have spun off on the first or second lap... that was the 2nd "hot" lap that it happened, if anything the tyres still weren't warm enough imo let alone too hot!), but also said I was driving way above average and that its not an easy car to drive and I was doing a good job to drive it (insert big head here lol).

Best time of session 2 was a 1:57.9. Here's the vid

Last edited by a moderator:

HoldenManDan

Built, not bought...
Reaction score
Members Ride
Session 3: Timing didn't work so wasn't included, ill put the vid up anyway. Of interest was how hard the liberty wagon was going at it early on, and about 2/3 the way through going past the VE HSV whose driver needed more practice! Fast in a straight line, yes but corners, not so much lol

Session 4: Turned out to be a 1-lap-shootout affair, as after the first timed lap I began to get fuel surge which was no good! Should have not pushed my luck and just fuelled up before going out. By the time I was done refuelling there was no point going back out! The best (only) lap was 1:57.6.

HoldenManDan

Built, not bought...
Reaction score
Members Ride
Session 5: This session I decided to follow mischa out, we were first out so decided to spend the outlap warming up the tyres and then make the next lap a good one, and we did! We both did our PB's on the same lap! I found it was a bit easier having someone to follow! Best time there now is 1:55.2

Session 6: Well I got flagged to come back into the pits because I accidentally left my bonnet only hanging on by the catch, that was fixed but wasted my time! Went out and with no-one in front of me to follow this time managed a 1:55.9 which was good.

So all in all a good outcome, had a blast, didn't crash or break anything, gained a bit more experience and with nothing really changed with the car except for the truetrac I improved my lap time there by nearly 2 seconds! Pretty happy with that and can't wait to go back with extra going and stopping and maybe even handling power next time!

Decicrate

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67
Let me know if you are going to come up and we can get together for a few brews!!

Power cruise is not really me cup of tea, BUT will see how the year progresses, might be up for some fun by then.