Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Wtf

gopher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
"The plan to allow police to breathalyse patrons has been slammed by bar owners who say staff will have no way of knowing a person’s blood-alcohol level before they are served."

Tugun student Brittany Lewis said the proposed new laws would infringe on her rights......“I don’t understand how you can hold bar staff responsible for someone’s blood alcohol content and everyone has a different limit."

Does no one understand liquour licensing laws ??????

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Does no one understand liquour licensing laws ??????

As an RMLV approved manager, I do understand liquor licensing laws.

But please tell me, at what point is someone intoxicated? I want a hard and fast answer.

Right now the answer is if someone displays multiple signs of intoxication, slurred speech, stumbling, etc.

If someone blows over 0.15 as this story says Police deem to be intoxicated, but they display not outward signs of intoxication, do I deserve the $56,925 that comes with the penalty of supplying an intoxicated person? That is my personal fine, not the business. Law says the RMLV manager is responsible for the fine, not the venue.

Do the managers now have to breathalyse every patron before serving them a drink? Do they have to wait 10-20 minutes after the last drink before doing the test, like an RBT?

This is a bullshit plan to take the responsibility of violence from the individual who commits it, and puts it on the staff at a bar. I mean, if I go decide to have a few beers and go bash some old lady, its the bar attendants fault, not mine,right?

RSA laws already deal with disorderly and intoxicated people. If bars are intentionally getting people hammered, current laws are already capable of dealing with the problem.

Last edited:

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Another reason to avoid the shithole that is the Gold Coast
True they need to clean up the place but this is going too far
Breathalyser-wielding police to test drinkers at bar with results used to build a case against venues | Gold Coast Bulletin

Just another reason why i avoid the Gold Coast and drive the extra distance and go to the Sunshine Coast or drive through the Gold Coast to Northern NSW

This is funny. I thought the previous government was responsible for turning Qld into a Police State.

Obviously not. The new Labor government has its own ideas.

Suck it up, gopher. You wanted this mob. You got them.

Tough titties.

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
This is funny. I thought the previous government was responsible for turning Qld into a Police State.

Obviously not. The new Labor government has its own ideas.

Suck it up, gopher. You wanted this mob. You got them.

Tough titties.

Good reason for Gopher to stay where he is , I'd have thought too . Perhaps he should go to South Africa he'd fit in well ........yeah right , even they'd find him a bit much .

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
RSA laws already deal with disorderly and intoxicated people. If bars are intentionally getting people hammered, current laws are already capable of dealing with the problem.

And therein lies the irony. How many licensed premises would survive if no one was intoxicated ?

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
And therein lies the irony. How many licensed premises would survive if no one was intoxicated ?

Quite a lot, its a matter of how much profit they take.

Since most pubs will have a GP of 70-80% on drinks, they aren't crying poor unless they are run badly.

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
Nightclubs wouldn't exist if they didn't serve alcohol to intoxicated kids.

It's a very difficult thing to tell people that they're not allowed to drink any more. It often results in very unhappy and argumentive (and sometimes violent) customers. We've even had people reach over the bar and try to pour their own drinks.

It's certainly not as easy as it sounds.

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Nightclubs wouldn't exist if they didn't serve alcohol to intoxicated kids.

It's a very difficult thing to tell people that they're not allowed to drink any more. It often results in very unhappy and argumentive (and sometimes violent) customers. We've even had people reach over the bar and try to pour their own drinks.

It's certainly not as easy as it sounds.

Trust me, no need to tell me.

I work in a pub, 1 guard and only on a Friday night, only 1 other male staff member, and rule is, if you are cut off, you also have to leave. So cutting someone off from a group and telling them they have to go too can be fun.