Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

X-Force v others and header sizes.

ducker85

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE clubbie R8
I believe you can just clear the error codes with a scan tool n keep driving without a tune as the computer will learn even tho the sensors have been moved (I wouldn't do this but heard its possible)

PIR4TE did comment that any change to your headers will need a tune. Althought I thought you wanted a tune to gain the most from your engine I wasn't sure.

Dads had two VEs now with MAF VCM cold airs and never an issue (not tuned either!) KPM figured them both and clears the codes

Munro355

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 Ve ssv ute
The exhaust system after the headers is a restriction on any car. The bigger the exhaust, the more peak power it will make.

On a street car, perfectly tuning the exhaust to the engine and to your driving style and mods is impossible. Anything will give you a gain over stock. It will come down to your budget and what you prefer. Sound is entirely subjective, people like different things. Different exhaust designs affect the sound as well. For example, if you want a definitive V8 note that has a nice bark to it, do not go with a merge or "X" type exhaust, they combine the exhaust pulses and tend to "muddle" the note. An "H" pipe design will give a more defined V8 note and will be less restrictive.

The factory headers and exhaust are made to a budget and to meet emissions as well as giving a good balance of power and economy. However, it IS restrictive.

Putting on a higher flowing system will increase power, torque and economy. Tuning the PCM to suit the system will give even more gains.

The difference between 1 3/4" and 1 7/8" headers on a 6.0L is two fifths of bugger all. Even on a dyno you would only see 1kW if you're lucky. They will flow well and not lose any bottom end compared to tri Y's. The tri Y versus 4-1 argument was in the old carby days, where the flow of the exhaust made a huge difference to the intake velocity. Now, with modern EFI's and engine management systems, the bottom to mid of tri y and 4-1's are virtually the same. It's only when the revs get up that 4-1's will out perform the tri Y's. Oh, and 4-1's sound better.

I am doing Hurricane 1 7/8" 4-1's, 200 cell high flow cats and a twin 2 1/2" system for $2460 shipped. All bolt on and comes with everything.
Hi mate just wanted to know what price u can do a set of hurricane 1 7/8 headers for a ve?cheers